OLTL: Casting call for teenagers for high school musical

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I confess to being really confused as to why they think this is going to work? They are moving from adulterous woman gets liver transplant from husband after her alter shot up heroin, getting Hepatitus C, multiple explosions (including the hospital wing where this operation takes place), and then they shift gears to a redux of FAME or High School Musical?

This is obviously meant to attract high school/college kids, and in reaction to canning the planned Columbine story. It's more trying to attract youth that will most likely further alienate the 20 - 30 year watcher. Also, even those of us older folks who might have been attracted at all by it are suffering from 'jr league fatigue' as we have watched our own onslaught of high school productions, dance recitals, band and chorus concerts, etc - even if we haven't been subjected to 20+ viewings of High School Musical.

• Members

I don't know... but it's like watching Degrassi all over again, only they did it worse. Degrassi had a school shooting and used a dance and play to lift the spirits of the students there.

I do commend them for using singers and dancers, makes me wonder how much time will they waste on showing the actually play.

• Members

I had always said OLTL was awesome for not falling prey to the teen overdose influx. OLTL always had a problem with newbies but their new characters were usually in the 30 year range (Evangeline's group) or very late twenties (More like Rex/Adriana/Natalie etc); Until now there weren't an influx of these teenie boppers, it is convenient now, of course, since Starr is that age but you would think the show would learn from the failures of EVERY other soap that tried to do it. People do not watch OLTL for this crap. No matter how good High School Musical was (gotta love Troy and Gabriella), OLTL's incarnation of it will fail as will this teen influx. People just do not want to see Hannah Montana in the daytime, really!!

Archived