DAYS: Friday

• Members

An okay episode.

Great, great stuff with Steve/Adrienne, but once again I have to say wtf? to this story. Why give him his memory back only to have it supressed by this mind control psychosis bull? I've said it once, I'll say it again. He doesn't belong in this story! He needs to be delving into what he did in the course of his missing years, not fighting to enjoy his present life. That would come as a result of the discovery, as surely there's omeone who wouldn't want him to know what he's been doing.

Some great stuff with Shawn/Belle/Philip. I thought Jay had the stuff wear off a bit too quickly. I mean, Philip came down to the bar, still stumbly and off-kilter and then he's instantly alert once he's out in the open. Bad acting choice, IMO. Even worse if the director suggested it :lol: But that aside, great stuff. I loved seeing gabby put herself in front of the gun, I loved seeing the trio realize that they're ALL at fault. And I don't fault Shawn at all for not trusting Philip. But wtf @ Duck? if he's supposed to be this honorable Marine, wouldn't he NOt shoot at the 'enemy' with his back turned? Of course, he was drunk, but still. And how did Gabby not stop him? That was a little lack of continuity, even though it definitely added to the drama, and it was nice to see Philip didn't approve of the move.

And Kayla. How selfish can she be? His son is a little more important than his best friend, I think. Her demand that he not leave rubbed me the wrong way. I can undersatand her being desperate, but that was borderline uncharacteristic. Oy. It's nice to see that they seem to have a proven link between EJ and Philip, though. Is that vulerability, Mr. Wells? *gasp*

Interesting scenes with EJ/Kate and Billie/EJ. Once again, we see how Kate's in deep where EJ's concerned. That ball was dropped for a while on that aspect, and I'm glad to see it revisited.

We still need better balance. <_<

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I have to say is Bonnie who?

Judi Evans was amazing today and she and SN fell right back into their old chemistry as if they'd been playing brother and sister for the last twenty years. Incredible.

Also, STEPHEN NICHOLS IS THE FINEST ACTOR IN DAYTIME. PERIOD.

Unbelievable.

In her right mind, Kayla would never actually ask Bo to put Steve in front of his own son but she's sitting there listening to the wire, realizing how far gone Steve is and what a slim chance they have to get him out of there. This plan is their one shot at saving him, and Bo gets back in the car and says "I gotta go." Of course her immediate response is going to be "You can't go!" And actually, Bo's response shows he didn't literally mean he was leaving before they got Steve out of there anyway. He was willing to bust in and get him himself, just as Steve would have done for him. It's all grey stuff, not black and white.

More later when I've had a chance to watch the whole show.

• Members

I loved when EJ remined Kate that "Your sons can't even sneeze without you running over to blow their nose's." How true is that of her. She really just doesn't understand how deep her son will be if he decides to come through on his threats. Since when does Kate care about what happens to Shawn. I just found that very odd.

I have never seen Adrienne in her previous run, but did like Her and Steve's semireunion today.

Belle, voice of reason today? She said they all three are to blame. It's about time someone realizes that.

Duck shot Shawn, was it just me or did Philip seemed shocked and concerned? Of course, it will probably be played a whole different way next week.

I really liked today's show. Still waiting for more of a balance though.

• Members

OUTSTANDING scenes with Steve/Adrienne today (Evans & Nichols). Judy and Stephen still have that amazing brother/sister chemistry....SO happy Judy is back on DAYS and playing the CORRECT role this time.

Kayla telling Bo not to leave is the act of a desperate women. Sure it may be out of character, but that is under normal circumstances. Kayla is so desperate to save Steve that all of her characteristics can be justly and understandaly out of sorts and that is the way I think she SHOULD be written at this point in time.

The island stuff was probably the most interesting thing to happen in the Shawn/Belle/Philip storyline in a while. I am just happy that Duck/Gabby's days are numbered.

Cannot wait for next week when the LUMI wedding happens!!

• Members

GREAT show. Miles ahead of yesterday and a good way to end the week. Finally we get movement in the other stories we have been dealing with the past few months.

Judi Evans and Stephen Nichols were the stars today. Amazing. Bonnie who is right. She has stepped back in Adrienne's shoes and fits right in. The connection between her and Stephen is still there. This is the first time I like this Steve asylum story. Why? Because it's challening him and his love for Kayla. Yeah, I know he just remembered his past a few months ago and should be looking into his missing years but this is the best this current story has been since it began so I was into it. Loved the history mentions and Adrienne trying to get him to remember Kayla, who he doesn't think exists. Now the mind control aspect has believability because he is being tortured and we are seeing him a wreck as a result of everything. I felt so horrible for him. Good for the writers remembering the bracelet Adrienne had. I still remember that and I was glad it was a part of today.

Also, good to see Bo involved and saying Steve would do the same for him. I like seeing him and Kayla work together and Kayla truly is a desperate woman so her acting a bit out of character is understandable. Good stuff for this story though.

Nice to see Billie and I am glad we saw her go after EJ. It was good they brought up how deep in EJ's business Kate is. I am glad EJ learned about Philip.

The isalnd crew was interesting and it's so good to see the story move. Duck lost all credibility with me and I didn't like how Philip all of a sudden recovered from being unconscious. However, JKJ made up for it by showing some humanity in Philip when Shawn got shot. I couldn't tell if Philip was lying or not when he offered joint custody. Maybe he just wanted this all over. In any event, good to see them all take responsibility. Martha looked great today. I loved her hair and that ending was good with Shawn getting shot and Belle hysterical. I hate Duck now and I am glad Philip went after him. I also like how Gabby hasn't gone psycho. I like Bisco and I know Gabby will likely not last long but I like her being a loyal friend and helping them out.

Good show though. Lots of movement and progression and now we are on our way to the fun of next week. :D

• Members

Judi and Stephen ROCKED those scenes today! Bonnie's gone, Adrienne's back! Those really were some incredible moments between brother and sister, and it was heartbreaking to see Steve's reaction to what Adrienne was telling him about Duke. I can't imagine what Kayla was feeling having to just sit in the car and listen, so I don't fault her at all for telling Bo he couldn't leave. She's desperate and knows this may be her last chance to save her husband.

I keep feeling Kate is playing with fire with the way she's handling EJ--and he did issue her a warning--but I was distracted in her scenes today because of that hair falling down between her eyes. I was hoping EJ would reach over and brush it back for her.

I think maybe Philip really was sincere in his offer to Belle and Shawn. All that rage and frustration he's been feeling has to be exhausting, plus someone needs to think of what's best for Claire. I can't believe Duck shot Shawn in the back, not honorable at all. Maybe the shock of that will knock some sense into all three of them now, and they will let bygones be bygones and go home to work this out.

Gabby's baby mystery storyline may be a casualty of the writing do-overs. She's seemed more stable lately, and nothing has been mentioned about it since she told Belle about her baby. Belle agreed to not ask any more questions, and that was that. If this is another dropped storyline, I'm 100% okay with it.

I'm very happy with this week and am looking forward to next, especially because so far I've managed to remain spoiler free, except for casting changes. It's fun to be excited about DAYS again! We need better balance still, but I feel that's coming.

• Members

I'm so glad Judi Evans is playing Adrienne now! She knocked one outta the ballpark! Great stuff she played today.

It looks like there's some movement actually happening with the Belle/Shawn/Phillip and Steve/Kayla stories. Hopefully their current predicaments will wrap up shortly!

• Members

Judi + Stephen = :wub: Now that's some good soap!

But I hear ya on the plot WTFness ... at least it's going somewhere now.

Shawn and Phillip were actually entertaining, didn't think I'd ever say that. I knew something like this would happen with Duck.

Tired of EJ. Please let this be going somewhere soon.

• Members

I thoroughly despised the Adrienne/Steve scenes. They were disgusting. I just wish Hogan never did this to Patch. I am sorry I even watched it and won't make that mistake again.

Kayla being crazy is crazy. I hated that, too.

In fact, this was a horrible day except for the island stuff which means it is nearly over....thank goodness.

I'm so ready for Billie to leave Salem.

• Members

Today was great. I enjoyed each scene, every single one.

EJ and Billie are so damn intriguing and would be great as a couple, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. I'm glad Billie went after EJ though. It shows that Billie is one of those characters that will go after anyone, male or female, when she feels wronged.

I'm always up for a EJ and Kate scene. I'm glad James Scott cut his hair. It was starting to get a little long. I don't know if it was actually long, or if that was the way the stylist styled it, but it was not fitting. Scott looks better with short, short hair.

I actually enjoyed the island scenes today. Duck had my mind boggled, but when doesn't he? If I were Shawn, I wouldn't trust Philip either, which is a shame because they really need to come together to give Claire what is best. Did anyone else see some compassion in Philip's eyes when Duck shot Shawn. I think he actually cared. He does have a heart!

Steve and Adrienne's scenes were the highlight of the show. I never thought I could accept Judi Evans as Adrienne, just because Bonnie Lockhart was so overwhelming. I was wrong. I love this Adrienne. Whoever said was boring, they're wrong so far. I love the character. Judi and Stephen Nichols have a great brother/sister chemistry as well. They compare to Mary Beth Evans and Peter Reckell's chemstry.

• Members

Steve and Adrienne were unbelievable! I've missed a few episodes because of work, so I was really shocked to see how much more Steve's condition has deteriorated. I would like to see Steve and Adrienne actually have some bonding time in the hospital before she goes into full action to get him out of there.

Phillip definitely showed a fair amount of sympathy when Shawn fell to the ground. I certainly agree that Phillip is at fault in this case and has no real control over Claire, but if I were him, I wouldn't have cared much about Shawn hitting the ground. I would've actually liked to see Phillip be the one to pull the trigger. That would've made for a more intense storyline. For the first time, I can truly say, Claire doesn't deserve this. She needs a stable, comfortable and safe envirnoment, which at this point, neither parties can offer. Bo and Hope should take it one step further and fight for parental rights over Claire as well :lol:

• Members

Loved the Adrienne and Steve scenes. Some shades of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which is neat. I was half expecting Nurse Ratched to walk through the door. Also enjoyed the Kate/EJ and Billie/EJ scenes. But I can't wait for Tony to come back and deal with EJ some.

Gilligan's island is just a mess to me. I would be fine with this age group just dissapearing from my screen for a while. I do like MM, though.

• Members

Someone posted this really great video on Youtube earlier today that shows the history of Steve as a little boy and the necklace he got from his mother. For those who only vaguely remember the story from the 80s it's a great reminder (and a really touching vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEX9oNlqtQ

Seeing the bracelet on Adrienne in the vid, I'm really impressed with how closely they matched the bracelet in today's show. It pretty much looks like the same one. I wonder if there's any chance it is?

Quick bit of trivia, the little boy playing Stevie is Stephen Nichols son. Which helps explain why he looks like a tiny Steven Earl Johnson :)

• Members

Thanks for the link to the video about the necklace. One of the best videos I have ever seen on youtube. I loved the show today. Steve/ Adrienne were awesome today. Lots of movement today on the island. Things are definitely picking up. Let's hope this continues and Days has an awesome week.

Archived