Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Writing/Directing Team

Toups

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kreizman and his team DESERVE the Writing Noms. Say what you will Dan, but GL is better than probably what most of daytime has to offer. They deserve to be in that category. The "Inside The Light" standalones were geared solely towards Emmy and they've got it in the bag.

It's either gonna be GL/B&B for Best Drama Series. For Writing, it could be GL. Do they look at the story breakdowns or just the script of the actual episode?! Because if they only look at the script, then GL may have that one as well. GL has fantastic dialogue writers who can make anything plot-related character driven and seem real.

I'd love to see Kreizman win, but I think it will go to RainbowHead or Elton John.

• Members

I love it too. GH used to be one of my favorite shows until it became all about Maurice Benard and Steve Burton and that preposterous version of Sopranos lite. They lost me as a viewer forever. I won't ever watch it again as long as both of them are part of the cast. And the relative success of these two characters over the years, and the undeserved emmys for best show, has become a formula that has poisoned all of ABCD shows, and even creeps onto other networks.

• Members

GH getting snubbed is just another reason the awards this year and last year did not represent anything near what was best about daytime for their years. In the past even with some slight snubs, the years were fairly good, but the last 2 years so many of the performances that should have been front runners for winning are not even there.

2006 GH owned and was the most consistent of any of the shows and out of the years that it possibly didn't deserve to win this year it did.

For 2 years in a row many of the best performances - performances that should have won are not even there - last year it was Bree Williamson, Sharon Case, Joshua Morrow & Elizabeth Hubbard who definitely were front-runners to win and got left off the ballots - Elizabeth Hubbard even got left off the pre-noms ballot.

This year GH off of Best Show, Nancy Lee Grahn out of Best Actress, Kelley M. Hensley out of Best Supporting Actress, Victoria Rowell off of the pre-nom list all together who were front runners to me to take home those statues. Add to that no noms for Kristian Alfonso, Susan Flannery, Peter Reckell, and Jordan Clarke just shows that the awards don't even get close to representing the best for 2006.

• Members

Agreed Steve and that is why I think this is a bigger issue then just NBC getting snubbed. When you have many ABC notables overlooked, something is wrong. The majority of last year and this years's deserving actors and actresses were left out. Yes, there are snubbs all the time in any awards show but what awards show has ever had as many deserving actors and actresses left out as the daytime emmys? All the other awards shows get most of the right people in and while politics isn't always involved, they never seem totally dominated by one show, movie, etc. If they are, they usually aren't alone as another show, movie, etc is usually right up there with or a little under them. It's time something is done. It's not just about NBC anymore but daytime in general. Too many great and deserving actors and actresses have been left out and this is a awards show to honor daytime and all the soaps so why are we leaving so many of the rightful people out? That isn't properly honoring the greatest in daytime this year. Something needs to be done and I hope this year's nods send a message because it seems like there is a sizable outcry from what I have seen in terms of reaction overall.

• Members

These nominations are almost like pulling shows out of a hat and choosing at random ...

I think GL may have gotten many of its noms because the whole industry is pulling for it to survive, which is fine. I also happen to like GL most of the time, moreso than Dan definitely! But certainly I don't think GL was far and away better than ATWT, which should have gotten a writing nom even if it probably didn't deserve to win.

Perhaps there is also a similar story with OLTL -- a vote for it to keep it on the air.

Archived