GL's current's state

• Members

Here's a recap from cbs.com on Friday 3/2's episode:

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/gl/updates/daily/

After reading it, I think that GL is doing quite well for itself. A lot of people were worried about what would happen after Jammy left but I think it's just as good if not better than the time when they were on.

Alan's shooting, Cassie's delusions, Dylan's return and Daisy's destruction all seems to be pushing the cast to do well. Plus we get to see Lillian in scenes and Dorris as the new !@#$%^&*] in town.

Don't crucify me for stating this but it sort of feels like something I would tune in into if it were 1997. What do you all think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've skipped GL for weeks now and I haven't really missed it. I'm kind of bored with it right now. Would have to tape it again just to see what the fuss is all about.

Speaking of GL, I want to send THIS to the video contest:

"My light is the penis between my legs."

• Members

I have been really enjoying GL. It has been really good and really soapy. I am glad that they seem to have drop The Law crap and Dinah is moving into a mysterious storyline. Overall I think the show is great and I never miss it. I don't have to FF through anything either.

• Members

I watched after hearing about Alan's shooting. I watched two episodes Mon and Tues after his shooting. I also saw Jonathan's exist. The show is a tad better but not enough for me to watch everyday or weeks on end.

• Members

The show overall has improved drastically. There is finally direction and balance and a real umbrella story taking place. Other actors are getting a chance to shine besides the same old, same old.

But the show does have problems...namely:

- Ava Peralta being the next Tammy Winslow: Sorry, this just doesn't work. Ava comes off as a snob queen and it is beyond me why both Coop & Alan-Michael are so ga-ga over this chick.

- Dinah's storyline: I'm bored already. Even Gina Tognoni can't make me care about this one. :( And I think a big reason is because she seems a lot more isolated from the canvas than the rest of the other characters.

- The "Who shot Alan?" story is bordering on pure camp: It's amusing to see Beth & Doris !@#$%^&*]ing at each other here and there but when we have scenes such as Ashley begging Alan to wake up - whether or not she's being serious or not - it's funny that's just not...funny. :(

- Someone on another board mentioned how the show is sorely lacking in a rootable "bad boy" character now that Jonathan's gone. I think A-M had the most potential to be a "is he or isn't he?" bad character but he's being forced into this sickeningly nauseating pairing with Ava.

That said...GL is still way better than it was the beginning of this year so kudos to them for getting its act together.

• Members

GL and Y&R are the only 2 soaps on the air that are must see for me with GH right there with them at times. GL has improved dramatically and forget it being something you would tune into if it were 1997 this is good even on those terms. The show has in my opinion the best stories on daytime right now, and even with it's limited budgets the stories are being executed pretty good.

• Members

So DK has managed to turn things around then? Well thats good because it seemed for a long time there fans were unhappy with the direction of the show. I am happy that they are doing something to rectify that.

Do you people still want DK to continue as head writer then?

• Members

Well, glad to see the resentment towards the regime is still there. Because anytime I have tuned into GL in the last year, I have immediately turned it off... but Megan McTavish?

I guess you are in the mood for Marian Crane Part Two? :lol:

Megan has had very low points at AMC but she sunk her lowest in Springfield. What repulsive garbage she wrote on there. A cross dressing murderer, bodies being discovered after the lake thawed. It was a bad time.

Archived