Y&R: Truth about "Carmen" revealed

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I thought the shark jumped awhile ago, but the shark has, instead, began to swallow Y&R whole.

I mean, sure there was Jeannie Cooper playing Katherine/Marge, but this is just a lame-brained plot twist. Can RainbowHead be just a little more creative?

• Members

LMAO!

I tried to get into Y&R when it first started airing on Soapnet. I used to watch the first 1/2 hour before switching over to AMC back in my college days (mid to late 1980s), but I just can't stand what LML has done to this show.

I thought picking up the pace of the stories would be a good idea, but LML is moving everything along too quickly and imo there is no longer any suspense.

• Members

VI is most likely staying long term, and I'm very glad that he is because I LOVE the potential for David in the politics story with Jack/Victor/Nikki and especially forbidden passion with Sharon, but the lookalike should have been Carmen's younger sister Analisa, who Neil had seen in the photo on her desk at work last summer and thought she was Carmen! Granted, JT said Analisa's Texas DMV photo looked nothing like Carmen, but that could have been planted as part of the overall master plan.

• Members

You have GOTTA be kidding me.

Latham is ... oh my god ... just ugh.

She has good ideas but the execution is just horrendous. She really should go back to writing nighttime soaps. It's a better fit for her, IMO.

And remember Latham is notable for bringing on characters that "seem good" but end up bad. She constantly did that in Knots Landing.

And speaking of that, going off topic for a minute, how long was she HW on Knots?

Archived