October 17-21, 2005

Toups

• Members

Well, in that case shouldn't we be hoping that NO SHOW ever wins back fans, since pretty much all nine of them have "screwed fans over" at some point in time?!

AMC fans have not liked the show for the most part this year, but the past couple of weeks have been impressive, and it's only natural that they will hope for a ratings spike. And I think DAYS fans feel the same way. DAYS is certainly NOT the only one of the nine soaps that has "screwed over" its fans in the past.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great post pranji. ITA with everything you said.there is no payoff to these terrible stories.I've been waiting for a decent payoff for 2 years now.I'm Just glad to see Days fall Like it deserves for its current 'stories' and I hope it will fall even more.Maybe then a real change will be made,starting by replacing JER as HW.

• Members

AMC has been impressive the last couple of weeks. I have always had something to like but lately I've loved almost everything. If ratings continue flat through sweeps and into Christmas I expect in the new year heads will begin to roll at the Manhattan AMC studios......

• Members

I agree with AgnesEckert that AMC has had some great episodes lately but there is no depth to the stories. It would have been much more compelling if Palmer, Opal, Joe, Stuart, Marian, and Brooke had really bonded with Di as Dixie and then found out the truth. The actors and scriptwriters made the scenes come alive, but the overall story is still shallow. Only JR's grief is palpable right now.

I do think it's funny that ABC promoted Ryan's return from the dead so much and the ratings were lower both Tuesday and Wednesday when the memorial scenes aired. :P If that isn't a signal to Frons/McTavish that Ryan isn't the hero of the show, I don't know what is!

• Members

It's hard to purposely hope for bad ratings for a soap, in hopes that things behind the scenes will change, because at this point in the game, it seems some networks would rather just throw in the towel altogether. That's definitely why I hope GL continues to hold steady (and dare I hope they move UP a tenth or two? Please?). DAYS has been better in the past few months compared to the storylines and the way the show was written in 2004 and the first half of 2005, so I don't feel as much that they "deserve" low ratings for what they're currently airing. Yet at the same time, if these poor ratings show the network that Reilly doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore and they kick him out of Salem, that's GREAT! But we don't know what the powers-that-be at the network are thinking. They may just tell Reilly & Corday to pump up the sci-fi stories again. And THAT would suck. So it's hard knowing what behind-the-scenes changes could take place if a soap suffers low ratings. Overall, I just hate seeing so many soaps in the 2.0's, even if most of those soaps aren't delivering great material right now.

• Members

I disagree. I feel the JER with the mind control storyline...and Glory Annie is SOOO JER, lol. And this three's company thing with Austin/Sami/Nicole? Yeah, it's not exactly Salem Stalker/Sci fi stuff but it's that kind of out-there thing that he would do. (And it's a parody of another show, of sorts, so there you have it).

• Members

Very traditional (1991 - 1993), but at that time he was only one of three head writers (Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest being the main writers he was paired with). This was the Harley/Mallet, Alan-Michael/Frank/Eleni, Roger/Holly/Daniel, Alexandra/Nick/Mindy era. VERY good soap opera. So he can do traditional, just maybe not acting alone?

Archived