October 17-21, 2005

Toups

• Members

I'm not that worried about Days ratings, honestly nothing really happened last week...Or this week for that matter...It seems like these past two weeks have been set up for november sweeps and the future of the show...I'm just ready for Carrie Brady to come back and give the show a huge boost..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I watched every day of Days of Our Lives two weeks ago to see Jack and Jennifer when Jennifer learned that Jack was dying. Great scenes - if a bit depressing.

Since then I have not watched a single day! I have no wish to see Jack alternate between planning his suicide and putting Jennifer/Frankie together. Give me a decent J&J storyline that doesn't revolve around death and I'll be back! Sad to say I find this storyline so depressing that I can't bear to watch Days anymore even if there are storylines that are a bit interesting (John/Marlena, Lumi) right now.

Kind of funny - used to be J&J were the only reason I would watch Days. Now, I find their storyline so distasteful that it is the main reason I won't even turn on Days again for a minute.

• Members

Wow, even I'm shocked at the AMC thing. That's pretty sad considering the great efforts by the cast, directors and associate writers. But I blame McTavish because there was no build-up. Maybe if we'd seen Di and Palmer really bonding, Tad and Di really falling in love there would have been more emotional pull? Other than JR, I didn't feel anything.

They were some good shows though so I'm shocked there wasn't even some minimal increase.

Am I happy the ratings didn't go up? NO! The actors worked their butts off. But if it moves us any closer to getting rid of McTavish, so be it. She has to be removed the top writing spot. She can even stay in some other capacity. But she should not be in charge of long term story arcs. There was something significant missing from the Di story and that's why despite the great acting all around, alot of people just didn't care.

• Members

Exactly. Sad, but true. I think JER could be fired too, honestly.

They are, FS! They are! LOL.

Eh. I don't know about that either....I don't think let-loose JER will help DAYS right now.

Ditto all of that. As much as I have been loving DAYS and thinking it's been excellent, nothing is really happening, I guess. There's entertaining scenes from day to day, though. I wasn't expecting any gains last week by any means, but I wasn't expecting this much of a drop. :( The show has been excellent, but nothing to bring in viewers or increase viewers. Shimi were so hot last week. :(

Maybe Jolena fans tuned out because of the divorce talk?

• Members

That's what will probably happen soon!

Although the performances have been good, the storylines have been weak. I dont care about Shimi or Lucas/Sophie and Jack's dying storyline is absurd. And how many times do I have to see Alex trying to get into Marlena's room? Austin/Sami I do like.

I agree Toups. The current storylines are not Reilly's but Corday's.

Days fans tend not to watch when the show is traditional. I remember back in 92 or 93 not sure what year and Days ranked 8th amoung soaps and the storylines were tradional at the time. When Days is more sci-fi is when the ratings go up!

Well. if Austin didnt give Days the boost they were hoping for, I dont think Carrie will either. I think they will go up(ratings) but then level off. If the ratings go up at all.

I am happy about that too. :)

• Members

God, I hope so. Sci-fi or not he sucks ass. I could see that everyday on Passions even before he showed up back at Days.

Hell no. Again, Passions is a great example of JER with no restrictions. No [!@#$%^&*] thank you. I think Days looks too much like Passions already.

Day to day stuff is better, but the storylines are still crap. They've been crap since the jack ass started (and before).

Archived