October 17-21, 2005

Toups

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It'll be interesting to see what type of budget restraints other soaps like AMC, OLTL, ATWT, and DAYS will have come a year from now. After all, Guiding Light is barely hanging on by a thread and it's only .1 below DAYS. By next year, we'll be seeing everyone in Salem having conversations inside and outside of the Brady Pub and everyone will be living at a hotel room at the Salem Inn. ;)

I'm surprised by DAYS' ratings too because in comparison to the first part of 2005 and the entire year of 2004, the past couple months have been much better.

• Members

I don't think people want just "happy couples". I think, and this is JMO, what they want are stories with a little depth to them, not to mention some planning. For the fanbases, what I think they want most of all are stories that actually focus and involve the couples together rather than ripping them apart repeatedly.

For example, I think fans wanted to see Sami and Lucas get married, AND then reveal the Stan secret. I think they would have rather watched Sami and Lucas hash this out together rather than watch Lucas & Sami with other people.

• Members

The trend of see sawing ratings for the soaps continues. GH hit a 3.0 on Monday whoa when was the last time that happend? AMC yikes 1.6 in 18-49 :mellow: hopefully they rebound next week. Thursday which was the big day of reveals did attracted the most viewers. Oh well at this point I am happy just to see AMC above 3 million in total viewers and they just barely did that. What happend to DAYS?

• Members

Yeah, but the Alex/Marlena saga is frontburn for motnhs now and it seems most J/M fans (atleast on boards) are enjoyïng this storyline, with John fighting for Marlena again, so I don´t know why the would suddenly tune out.

Jack/Jennifer were on only on Thursday, Friday with nothing major going on and I think their fans are already used to get screwed by Reilly, now atleast MA and MR are on more then one time per week, so I think they still watch too.

So I still think the blame is on disapointed Shelle fans, who feels they held this long for nothing, and maybe also on Lumi fans, because Reilly made this big mistake when he didn´t let them to deal more with their destroyed wedding and immediatelly put Sami into storyline with Austin and Lucas with Sophie.

But I think we will know more when daily ratings are published.

• Members

Tuesday:

"John thinks he sees Alex sneaking into Marlena's room; Alex is worried when Marlena appears to be resisting his programming; Mimi is moved to tears as she watches the world premiere of the Rolling Stones video ``Streets of Love''; Belle sees Shawn. "

Thursday:

"Alex tries to erase Marlena's memory of John; John plans to kidnap Marlena to try to restore her memory; Jack and Jennifer tell Bo and Hope that Jack is dying; Patrick reassures Billie about Chelsea; Chelsea tries to be supportive of Abby. "

• Members

Monday, October 17

Shawn and Mimi kiss on the roof and chat about their closeness. Belle sees the kiss. Shami share chocolate lava cake. Belle asks Phil to make love to her. Roman and Lucas diss Sami. Nicole and Sami battle over Austin and a game of pool. Alex threatens John to leave Marlena alone or else.

Tuesday, October 18

Shawn and Mimi watch the Rolling Stones video while Philip refuses to let Belle care for Claire. Bonnie and Roman slurp some ribs. Sami and Nicole battle over pool again. John spies on Marlena and Alex.

Wednesday, October 19

Belle and Shawn say their goodbyes on the roof as she spirals into PPD. Lucas and Sophie. John accuses Alex of climbing in Marlena’s window. Austin and Roman stop a fight between John and Alex. Sami rants about John. Kate clues Sami in about Dr. North.

Thursday, October 20

Abby and Chelsea go missing while Billie and Patrick worry and share a kiss. Dr. North continues to brainwash Marlena. John decides drastic measures are necessary to get Marlena away from Dr. North. Jen tells Bo and Hope that Jack is dying.

Friday, October 21

Chelsea and Billie argue. Bo and Hope argue about Patrick and Chelsea. Kate is thrilled Lucas is moving on with Sophie. Sami invites Austin to move in with her. Jack and Jen and Abby talk about his condition.

Yawn...

• Members

I didn't watch two days last week.

For me, I really hate that Austin and Carrie are back and we will see the same thing all over again. Carrie and Sami fighting; Nicole and Sami fighting; Lucas and Sami fighting, well you get the idea. I don't want to see this all repeated yet again and you know that Reilly will do that.

Bo and Hope don't really have a decent storyline. Chelsea is making Bo look like a fool playing him asking for money. My opinion is that Chelsea is on way too much. I still don't like the actress playing her and don't want to see her on my screen.

I think it's obvious that Reilly needs to step down. I don't see how this show can continue to exist with ratings so bad and a cast that is busting at the seams.

Archived