PORT CHARLES: Favorite Story-Arc?

• Members

OK, so I admit...MAYBE I have a favorite story arc...

My personal favorite was "Torn" for a few reasons really

-Alison and Rafe were broken up for the most part(Alison/Jamal fan here).

-The ads for the arc were slick and hip(remember the quizzzes at the end of each show? LOL).

-And Livvie went batsh!t crazy, throwing herself down a flight of stairs.

The Arcs(as an entity all their own) went downhill after that, because they started saving money by using original songs(which SUCKED!).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say Tainted Love, Miracles Happen, and Secrets were all my favorites. Eve being killed is still one of my favorite moments in all of daytime, I was shocked they were actually going to kill her off. I was a zombie some days because of Port Charles as I would have to stay up until 2:35 to watch it. It had to be good for me to stay up that late 5 nights a week.

• Members

I have to say I disliked the story arcs on the most part. I iked the beginning of PC when we had Scott and Eve paired. Man, they were HOT! I couldn't believe that they broke up and never got back together. By far, Eve was my favorite of the interns. I hated the supernatural stuff and feel that the ruined the character of Lucy by making her Buffy the Vampire Slayer's older sister. The only good arc was the one where Eve died and thats when I stopped watching the show. It was downhill, IMO but she got such a great sendoff. I can't believe that they were able to keep it such a secret.

• Members

Tainted Love hooked me because it was a summertime vampire story. I absolutely loved it.

I didn't really watch Tempted because I was back in school, and I hated the idea of Caleb being back.

Loved Miracles Happen when Julie came back with Christina.

I liked Secrets, but my interest in PC began to linger during Superstition, and I slowly stopped watching.

• Members

I didn't begin watching until the very end of Tainted Love, but have since gone back and seen all the arcs...this would be

my list..

1)Miracles Happen

2)Secrets

3)Fate

4)Time in a Bottle

5)Tempted

6)Tainted Love

7)Superstition

After that one the others are all a blur as they got worse and worse IMO. Especially when they brought back the vampire crap. I enjoyed it the first time around but did NOT want to see it return.

• Members

My favorites (in order) were:

Secrets

Miracles Happen

Naked Eyes

Tempted

Tainted Love

Torn

Surrender

The Gift

Superstition

Time In A Bottle

Fate

Desire

I've watched all of these arcs more than once, and I may be prejudiced but the writing gets better over time. It always amazed me how they could drag these arcs along and then wrap them up in the last day or two. For me, Desire was the worst arc of all. That's when Frank, Victor, Amanda, and Jamal turned into vampires. Plus, they killed Karen off during that arc. She started out on GH and, unfortunately, GH allowed it to happen. That, together with the over-abundance of vampires, was just overkill, IMO. Nevertheless, I still miss Port Charles and wish it had not been cancelled.

Loretta

• Members

My best to worst list:

1. Miracles Happen

2. Tainted Love

3. Secrets

4. Torn

5. Tempted

6. Superstition

7. Naked Eyes

8. Surrender

9. Desire

10. The Gift

11. Time In A Bottle

12. Fate

All of the arcs had good moments to them, so I'm judging on what went on overall. I'd say Miracles Happen is the best (with Tainted Love a close second) because more than any other arc these these two genuinely feel like not only self-contained "books" -- but movies! They really stetched the edge of what being a traditional soap means in a very fresh, inventive way. Miracles Happen was like a throwback to an old-fashioned romantic comedy and Tainted Love was a horror flick. Interestingly, both books ended with the male lead leaving in the end, perhaps making each more distinctive from the others (and they were both well written too.)

Post-Torn IMO is when the show started to show (regarding the arcs) some cracks until Desire and The Gift , where it was even more obvious. With Caleb's return and everybody becoming more and more vamped-up and the whole premise becoming increasingly dark it got to be too much IMO. With Fate and TIAB the show was starting to feel its way around and wasn't quite up to speed until it broke out with TL. The hardest decision here for me was deciding the middling five among spots 4-8. Torn was tough, but I actually think it's an underrated arc with some genuine soap angst -- and it did have a wonderful, happy ending. :)

Archived