Wal-Mart will defend reputation in ads

Scotty

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No problem. ;)

I hat Wal-Mart. I worked at one for nearly 5 1/2 years....Since I left there nearly 2 1/2 years ago, I refuse to go to that store or any Wal-Mart. They're not getting my money. I'll go to K Mart, Target, Dollar General, and other discount stores before I will EVER step foot in another Wal-Mart.

• Members

I worked in a Sam's Club for five years, so I know what horrors the WalMart company make the employees endure. I used to have to pay almost half of my check just to have single person health insurance, and that didn't even include dental. Stupid b@#$%%#s.

I outright refuse to ever give Walmart my business again. Target is superior anyway.

• Members

I've always hated Wal-Mart. I also refuse to step foot in one. I'd rather pay a bit more to a corporation like Target. Wal-Mart stands for everything that is wrong in the retail world. I'm glad that the anti-Wal-Mart campaigns are well-received, and I sincerely hope it damages their bottom dollar enough that they change the way they treat their employees.

• Members

Well, I have to shop at our Super WalMart for groceries. There's no other grocery around that's reasonably affordable, because WalMart has forced all nearby competition to close their doors, for the most part. Otherwise, I'd shop for groceries elsewhere. But I refuse to pay three times the price for something at a grocery store that's farther away just to boycott WalMart.

WalMart does treat its employees like crap. I worked there for less than a week a few years back, and that was more than enough for me. I quit without thinking twice, LoL. I also hate the way they treat their customers. Prices might be cheap, but heaven forbid you ask someone for help with something. They're likely to take your head off. They also never have enough checkout registers open, so you're forced to stand in line at the checkout for at least 20 minutes almost every time you go.

We around here is po' folk though, so we put up with it so long as we save money in the process. Thankfully, I've got a job now that pays really good money (for this part of the country) compared to most other jobs in the city, but I'm still frugal when it comes to buying things. I guess it's just a bleedthrough from growing up poor as hell, LoL

• Members

The times I needed help at my Wal-Mart, I never encountered a rude employee. I'm not saying everyone there is peaches and cream, but I haven't had many the problems you guys keep saying.

I'll continue to shop there. Like I've said before, I can't afford to be a retail snob, and Target is too overpriced and has a LOUSY selection of merchandise, especially their clothing. Also, my brother works there, and they are crappy to their employees too, especially when it comes to insurance. But he's a manager, and making a little more money than the cashiers and floor people, so he's staying for now.

Archived