DAYS: Frances Reid video interview...

• Members

Frances Reid Interview

So sad. This interview was 3 or 4 years ago, I believe. And she seems to get pretty confused... she can't remember names very well. In the second part of the interview, it even took her about 25 seconds to recall the name of the character she plays -- Alice Horton.

I love her reply when she's asked to describe her co-star, Macdonald Carey: "Oh... he's dead." Her laughter after it is infectious!

She talks about her roles on ATWT, The Edge of Night and other shows she did back in the early days, as well as her work in theater.

Anyway, the interviewer is subpar at best. She sounds like a robot, and it's almost as if she's trying to confuse poor Frances. She gets on my nerves through the entire interview.

It saddens me that Frances sounded so confused at parts... and this was a few years back. I wonder how well she's holding up now?

Thought everyone might enjoy it, though.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

During the 40th anniversary special on SOAPnet a while back, she looked so frail. It was hard for her to get out what she wanted to say. And she seemed to forget things. :(

This years Christmas episode was especially sad, as she wasn't able to hang her own ornament. And she was not shown as much as previous years.

• Members

:lol: at Frances describing her cast members.

Susan Seaforth Hayes: "She doesn't like me!"

Peggy McCay: "Wooo!"

Louise Sorel: "She's crazy! She's one of the best actresses we've ever had on the show!"

:lol:

Her MacDonald Carey comment, haha, "Oh that sounded awful didn't it?"

Oh yeah. and the interviewer definitely sucked.

• Members

LoL, it cracked me how how everytime Frances asked the interviewer a question in return, the interviewer would NEVER ANSWER. She just went right along to the next question, totally ignoring Frances. Was she even listening to Frances' replies? Did she even know who the hell she was interviewing? What a stupid twit!

• Members

It's so funny when she talks about the people she's worked with that are now dead, "I've outlived everyone.." and then chuckled.

Ugh the interviewer is so inpersonal it actually frustrates me, because Frances seems to be so friendly and trying to connect with her and I can imagine that she was just staring at her.

• Members

I love Frances :) She's just so fabulous. Everytime you see Deidre or Kristian, or Missy talking about her, they always say how smart and sassy she is. I think DH called her a toughball or something once. It's lovely to see how much everybody loves her on the show though, I mean who doesn't love Alice Horton? Used to love her more when she was used as more than a prop for the latest twosome they wanted to prop and pimp, but she's still ALICE.

And you know personally, I just love what she said about my fave :)

The Frances/Susan "feud", I read some stuff about it, but I can't remember Susan saying anything but respectful things in her and Bill's book. Maybe they settled it? Some people just don't get along, it's just how it is I guess.

Archived