DAYS: The location of Salem finally revealed!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: That's funny!

Is DAYS the only soap that has never revealed the state in which it is set?

I only watch OLTL, so that's why I am asking.

I know OLTL and AMC are set in Pennsylvania, and GH is in California isn't it? That's about all I know.

• Members

I live in a suburb of Chicago and have always pretended Salem is close by. I'm fairly close to the prison where Tony is incarcerated and my mom and I joke around that we're going to bake a file into a cake and visit him sometime. The rest of the family thinks we're way too involved in DAYS!

• Members

lol..yes way off. Its near Rochester to be exact. I used to think that Y&R was set in Cali just like B&B until a few years ago.

Days isnt the only soap that doesnt have an exact location. I dont beleive PSSNS does either. Its set in New England but I dont believe theres an actual state assocaited with it

• Members

I can't believe I thought Port Charles was in California...shows you how much I watch that show.

I do know that both Llanview and Pine Valley are both suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania...and are across the river from one another; but that's about all I know.

• Members

I actually watched that week and you are right, it was in Camden, Maine. My best friend used to have to go there every summer as her father lived there and I had been there many times. So many of the locations looked familiar and now that you said Camden it all came back.

I remember back in the day on GH when Luke and Robert were looking for the Cassadines and it was during the Ice Princess story. I specifically remember Robert pointing to a map and Port Charles was where Buffalo, NY is.

• Members

GH's Port Charles is in between Rochester and Buffalo. (which are about an hour apart) I remember when Luke and Laura returned they filmed those helicpopter and river scenes close to Rochester. I live right outside of Buffalo, and back in the 80's Luke and Laura had some adventure and they filmed some location spots in my town. I was quite young then, but my cousin tells me this, they were filming and renting a house to shoot in just down the street from her.

Sometimes GH knows there stuff about location, like in the early 90's they had Jim Kelly of the Buffalo Bills make a cameo, and Ned was Eddie Main in Buffalo. But then I also remember a time when Tom Hardy and Felicia told Lucy and Kevin they were just coming back from a afternoon trip to the OCEAN !! They took a 20 hour round trip in one afternoon? LOL

And last year GH had a hurricane! Well, we just don't get hurricanes coming up through here. So I had a good laugh at that.

Archived