Dallas Season 4 on DVD

Soapsuds

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 23 2005, 02:38 AM)

I agree that Joan is great and all, but season one is perfect without her. She was the best thing for the show in terms of ratings, but I think those ratings are what killed the show, quality wise.

I'd say the first season of Dynasty ranks among the best of all the primetime soaps. I love that every little detail adds up to the powerful finale where we meet Alexis.

Pamela Sue Martin is also brilliant here. It's a shame that the writing for her character started to suck shortly after this season ended. Here she really is the queen !@#$%^&*], up there with early Alexis before she became a cartoon.

Other standouts are Linda Evans who actually emotes and is (gasp) interesting! Same goes for John Forsythe! I love racist, sexist pig Blake. They were such an interesting couple this season, something I can't say as time went on.

BTW, if you haven't heard already, Joan will be joining the cast of Footballers Wives next season, so you can catch her there too! She'll be running a magazine similar to Hello! (or OK) and competing with Tanya Turner for the same man. I can't wait to see her on my new fave soap. When she's good, she's really good and I think she will be good on this soap, if they use her correctly.

gasp! Oh this will be great. Too far down the road for me though! I'm still waiting on season 2 to be released on DVD.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 23 2005, 01:38 AM)

I agree that Joan is great and all, but season one is perfect without her. She was the best thing for the show in terms of ratings, but I think those ratings are what killed the show, quality wise.

I'd say the first season of Dynasty ranks among the best of all the primetime soaps. I love that every little detail adds up to the powerful finale where we meet Alexis.

Pamela Sue Martin is also brilliant here. It's a shame that the writing for her character started to suck shortly after this season ended. Here she really is the queen bitch, up there with early Alexis before she became a cartoon.

Other standouts are Linda Evans who actually emotes and is (gasp) interesting! Same goes for John Forsythe! I love racist, sexist pig Blake. They were such an interesting couple this season, something I can't say as time went on.

BTW, if you haven't heard already, Joan will be joining the cast of Footballers Wives next season, so you can catch her there too! She'll be running a magazine similar to Hello! (or OK) and competing with Tanya Turner for the same man. I can't wait to see her on my new fave soap. When she's good, she's really good and I think she will be good on this soap, if they use her correctly.

I didn't start watching Dyanasty until the second season. Blake was a racist? Wow. Then years later they gave him a African-American sister who he loved dearly. What changed from Seaon One to then?

• Members

I loved that when Dominque first revealed she was his sister, he wanted nothing to do with her, but was actively pursuring finding out if Amanda was his daughter. I thought it was a nice continuation on the bigoted Blake we saw early on.

After you watch season one, you'll see they changed EVERY character. It was just a case of bad writing really. It's weird watching season one and seeing characters like Fallon, Blake, Krystal and Jeff interesting.

Some of my favorite moments...

- When Fallon explained to Krystal how things work at Denver Carrington, "no blacks, no women, no eskimos etc." She was such a saucy character.

- Jeff and Fallon getting high at ones of Blake's parties.

- The great Fallon/Krystal fued.

- Steven coming out and Blake HATING it.

- Krystal and Claudia betraying their husbands.

- Fallon admitting she only married Blake to save his marriage, she was in love with Jeff's uncle.

- And finally, the best of all, Blake killing Steven's ex boyfriend after he caught them embracing!

Archived