24: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Another excellent evening with 24. I jumped even knowing that Milo was going to die, just didn't expect the quick unemotional shot between the eyes like that. Wow!!! I just knew Philip was involved with the Chinese, just knew it. Why does he want Josh? That is really weird. I suppose he believes that Jack and Marilyn will be killed and out of his hair ... ugh. I think Christopher Henderson is alive and Jack will call on him to help with solving where Philip is and how to win over his sinister plan.

Oh, I did learn that Logan is still alive. It was mentioned in one of those 24 chat things that was going over who is actually dead.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I missed the first half of 24 tonight because DWTS was soooooo good. Usually I tape the last 30 minutes to watch 24. But, I will watch it online tomorrow. What I did see was not particularly interesting. Disappointing as I had thought it would be good. If that boy, Josh, turns out to be Jack's son, I'll be upset and not like that at all. It would mean that he was unfaithful to Teri while they were supposedly living together and while Marilyn was married to Jack's BROTHER. Ugh. Hopefully the finale next week will make it worth watching this season.

• Members

I thought it was sad, too. It tied up everything and everyone like the final season. Jack standing there like he was in shock and I got the feeling that he was ready to start over. And, so he will from what I've read about Season 7. It will be totally different with new characters, different locations, different sort of villain with only a few of the familiar characters returning. I can hardly wait.

From tonight, here are my thoughts and feelings.

Nadia obviously will take care of Mike because she always cared for him and feels guilty about what happened with Milo and him. Chloe and Morris reconciled and will become parents. Bill and Karen will start a new life but they are too young to be retired LOL. Most likely they will become very wealthy entrepreneurs. Philip is dead and eaten by the fishes. Marilyn and Josh were reunited. Audrey will be well cared for by her father. Tom and Daniels were redeemed. I doubt that we see any of them ever again. Or, at least for a while. The person who was thought dead but wasn't had to have been Audrey.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

'24' crystal ball: Female president

By Nellie Andreeva

June 22, 2007

In what could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, producers on Fox's drama "24" are contemplating a female president on the show next season, sources said. The real-time drama's upcoming seventh season will coincide with the peak in the Democratic Party's presidential race that might see Hillary Clinton as the first woman nominated by a major political party for the top political office.

"24" has been popular among Washington's elite, and at TV Land's upfront presentation in May Clinton's husband, former president Bill Clinton, who has been involved in his wife's presidential campaign, listed "24" among his favorite shows "even though an uber-right-wing guy writes it." He was referring to "24" co-creator Joel Surnow, an outspoken Republican.

While "24" broke ground introducing the first black president on a TV series (Dennis Haysbert), the show would not be the first to have a female president. In the past few years, ABC's "Commander in Chief" and Fox's "Prison Break" both featured women in the Oval Office. Sources stressed that no final decision has been made on the role of the president next season and that the "24" creative team ultimately might opt to go in another direction.

• Members

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...Elect/800017368

Ausiello Report

Exclusive: 24 to Elect First Female Prez?Geena Davis, call your agent.

Word on the street is that the Commander in Chief on next season's revamped 24 will likely be a (drumroll, please) woman. Casting could begin any day now on the sure-to-be-plum part. A show rep, however, cautions, "Nothing about next season has been absolutely decided as of yet."

Assuming it does happen, 24's lady prez would be in office just as Hillary Clinton's bid for the White House kicks into high gear. Coincidence? Hmmm….

In other 24 news, the show is also said to be adding a female FBI agent to the mix.

As I first reported last month, 24 — in an effort to reclaim some of the creative and ratings steam it lost last season — is shaking things up in a big way during Season 7. For the first time in the show's history, CTU will be MIA as the majority of the action moves outside Los Angeles; New York, Washington D.C. and London are among the new locales being considered. Additionally, of last season's cast, only Kiefer Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub are shoo-ins to return.

But back to the female prez: Aside from Geena Davis, what other candidates should 24 producers put on the ballot? (Did someone say Mary McDonnell?)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

There's a lot going on with 24 which begins filming September 10th. Much is still up in the air but from what I've gleaned from around the net, there is a really bad hombre who wants to be redeemed so that is part of the story. Chloe will be back and a new federal investigator will be added in the person of Jeananne Garafalo, Bill Buchanan will be back and it's rumored that Morris O'Brien will be back, too. Cherry Jones will play the female president. The season is supposed to be on a more personal theme as well as environmental.

It will begin again with the four hour opening, two on a Monday and two on a Tuesday. I'm already planning a party LOL.

Just guessing, but I hope it's Philip who wants to be redeemed which would mean he somehow escaped from the ocean. Did you know that Philip is Josh's father? The actress who played Marilyn was quoted as saying when she learned this she was feeling ikey saying, surely I never slept with Philip. But, it was artificial insemination by invitro since Gary couldn't give her children. Philip offered his sperm.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived