Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Members

Precisely. Marlena has very little for storyline and her share of detractors but the fact remains that firing her would be really symbolic of coming in and trying to change Days. That rarely goes over well with fans of any soap and with recent history being what it is, Days fans are edgier than most. While she of the big 6 would pose the biggest challenge to me if I was a writer on the show, that's just not the only consideration here.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Renée is a darn god actress, true. But Deidre Hall & Kristian Alfonso are more popular, with both Marlena and Hope arguably the most popular female characters in DAYS lifespan, along with Julie, Alice & Maggie.

Kam Haskin playing Marlena???!! Yeah right. She's just a few years older than Ali Sweeney(Sami). Priscilla Garita is about 15 years younger than Kristian Alfonso, and couldn't play mother to Shawn.

Exactly.

• Members

I'm sorry but if shows can recast front burner characters who are fan favourites like Carly Corinthos (multiple times), Cassie Winslow, Victoria Newman, Clint Buchanan and Todd Manning then they can sure as hell recast a supporting character like Lexie Carver. Sure, Renee Jones has been loyal to the show and is popular with the fans, but for all we know the show could have asked her to take a pay cut and she could have refused. We dont know what goes on behind the scenes...

• Members

They could recast but why? If it's for the Dimera storyline then why not keep her on until that's over? It's not like it's going to last forever, and with upcoming budget cuts coming up money will be saved somewhere. Surely they could've at least (and possibly will) used the storyline to stage her exit, and beyond the storyline why is she essential? I don't understand the point of recasting Lexie.

• Members

My smart money is on either Suzanne Rogers, James Reynolds or Lauren Koslow to be written off. If it's Suzanne, I'd hate to see her go, but all you'd have to do is get John Clarke back as Mickey for one or two days, say Melissa or Sarah is ill in Tennessee, and off they go (to maybe make return appearances as story warrants). If it's James, I'd also see it coming in story. Lauren is a great actress, but what more can Kate do now that all of her plots have basically been exposed?

If it's one of the Big Six or Ali/Bryan, then this show's ratings would take a huge hit. That's the last thing Days needs at the moment.

Archived