Pastor Confesses To Gay Affair

Roman

• Members

Twins I tell ya...

I feel the same way as you! I choose not to go to church because the few I have been to seem corrupt or just care about adding people to their church just to add another member, so they can gloat about how many members they have. One church back home is so desparate for more church members they are trying to attract anyone and everyone anyway possible. For example, one pretty good sized church is on a hill where everyone can see it who drives by and they put in Spanish(which makes me see red, if you come in this country learn how to read English dam.nit) in HUGE letters what church affliate they were. So desparate for new members its sad.

My dad was brought up Church of Christ and my mom Methodist and I went to both growing up. I almost despise going to church because of my experiences with the Church of Christ folk. The most close minded people on this earth. And before I get griped at, not everyone who is COC is this way, but the majority are. My dad quit going to church there and he is very conservative. That to me speaks volumes! I just dont understand the need for so many different types of denominations. Catholics are catholics, and I feel all Protestants should try and come together as one. To me each denomination feels better than the others. And that alone is sad and another reason why I choose to speak to God one on one and dont worry about going to church anymore. My relationship is between me and God, so I dont feel I need to go to church, when I feel its all a big front. I can't stand all the hypocrisy!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The hustler played some voice mails today for the press so the pastor had no choice but to confess to all the crap on the tapes that he swore he didn't do yesterday.

What makes me sick is that he'll probably go to rehab next then reveal he was molested as a child. They all go that route which makes all their followers think gay men are just sick perverts. To hell with this dude!

• Members

Exactly...I wonder if the majority of these people that are crying for gay marriage to be banned and hurling insults towards homosexuals are doing so simply because if gay marriage ever does get legalized, they'd be the first to get hitched.

If you're brokebacking it, be honest about! Don't hide behind the Bible. I don't think God gives two craps if someone is gay or not.

• Members

THat is true Bree. The part where someone (not Jesus) mentioned being gay is an abomination. The same guy (I think his name is Paul) says that slaves should be obedient to their owners and women to their men!

The bible also says things like not to eat various things like seafood, but people are very selective about what they choose to believe. Jesus never spoke about homosexuality, but people still choose to be so stuck on it.

I'm glad another hypocritical ultra conservative has been outed. Those churches are full of lying queens!

• Members

Thank you for not putting me in that group, :lol: > I'm CoC and I'm very liberal/open minded. I go against things that most people would be against in the church. I support homosexuals, an advocate for same sex marriage and I'm very pro-choice. God gave us all free will and now more than ever I believe in that. He doesn't force anyone to do anything that they don't want to. I would describe myself being more spiritual than religious. I'm not one to preach down someone throats. If they want to learn more about the church, I will tell them about it and then leave it up to them. You can't make anyone do something they don't want. As I've grown up, I've realized that I'm no one to pass judgement on ANYONE. Who am I to say if you don't go to a CoC, you will go to hell? That is between that person and God and no one else should have a say. I can understand how you got to that point because some people (not all) feel that they are better than others and I just don't feel that way because again, who am I to say? It does drive me insane that some people can be so close minded. Somethings I can agree on, but when it comes to judging others and how they live (knowing that a lot of them are sinning sunday night through saturday night, with Wednesday also being an exception) and who is going to end up where when they died/day of judgement.

ETA: Just because I'm a christian doesn't give me the right to wear the crown of self-righteousness

• Members

I've totally given up hope on priests, ministers, and pastors so this does not surprise me.

I am spiritual, but not religious. My relationship with God is just that - between me and God. Priests can go to hell for all I care. :) They are pointless to me. I don't go to church because I am sick of their hypocrisy and attitudes. I don't go to confess because I refuse to confess to people whose sins are pretty much THOUSANDS of times worse than mine ever could be. The priests in my hometown are all corrupt and rich. They're awful.

I reflect in my own way, and I've given up on the church system.

• Members

:lol: Thanks.

It's just beyond the point of ridiculous now. I know it's bad when my mom feels the same way. I never in a MILLION YEARS thought she would ever get to the point of seeing this how I do. Ten, fifteen years ago, she was SO religious!

• Members

It is sad when people use the Bible and God to hide. He deserves no credit, no sympathy. Now if he is gay, so be it. But you can't have it both ways.

And to the Libs...alot of them lie too...get over it. Its not all politics. We can name several on both sides that play the lieing game to denounce the other side.

It is wrong when ANYONE does it..not just the "right"

Archived