Gilmore Girls: Discussion Thread

Ryan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am loving Lor/Chris ... they are so much better for eachother. Season 6 was a total downer though .. and im so happy this season has really picked up .... hahaha i loved emily going to jail ... im starting to have second thoughts now about Logan being with Rory. Last nite kinda changed that.

• Members

I cannot stand Christopher, and even worse, I can't stand Lorelai when she's around Christopher. He turns her into a whiny, annoying teenager. She was actually starting to mature with Luke and now she's totally regressed. One day she'll realize that she's only with Chris to avoid her feelings about what happened to Luke. That day can't come soon enough for me!

I miss the rest of Stars Hollow. Too much Christopher, not enough Lane, Miss Patty, Kirk, heck I even miss Taylor!

• Members

I think Lorelai needs this time with Christopher. If not, it would always be a "what if?". He's the father of her child, deep down she wanted that to have worked out from the beginning. They love each other, but they're not right for each other. I'd love to see a mature break up, even after they do something totally Chris/Lorelai - something rash.

• Members

No offense, but are you sure you're not just REALLY pro-Luke/Lorelai that you can't see the greatness of Chriselai? Because the way I see it, she's so over Luke and is ready for a man who can commit; Luke couldn't do that. He's the weaker male specimen. Plus, she's falling in love with Chris, and how could he not? He can romance--unlike Luke.

• Members

Sorry to disappoint, but no. IMO, Luke and Lorelai are gonna end up together, they're right for each other and they will end up together. However, they needed this break up. They both have an excessive amount of baggage, they need to have everything out of the way. For Lorelai, that is Chris. The thing about Chris and Lorelai is that something always came in the way, most of the time that was Chris' behaviour. They didn't have a fair shot. If they haden't had this chance, Chris could always be in the back of her mind, and even more so - in Luke's. Luke watched Lorelai attempt with Chris several times. Who wouldn't want to end up with the father of their kid? He's the guy her parents want for her, he can give her everything she needs financially, he loves her, he's the father of her child. Problem is, he's not Luke. He's not the guy that drives her nuts, who loves her daughter unconditionally, who was there when she had the chicken pox or who wanted to kill the guy who put his hands all over her or who'll let her pull linked sausages out of him... Luke's the one.

"I don´t think I ever really loved anyone... until Luke."

Luke may not have a lot of money and pull the drive-in movie thing, but he's the guy she wants to be with, that much is obvious. She wants kids, wedding, the whole shebang. With Luke. He messed up with how he dealt with April, but it's not like he didn't *want* to get married. That's why I loved the fight in 6.22, both of them had good points. Luke is Luke. That's what Lorelai fell for. He's not a big gesture, your-own-drive-in, fly-you-to-Paris-for-a-weekend kinda guy. But Lorelai isen't that kind of woman either. I love that quote by Amy, about why L&L haden't said 'I love you'. They did, with actions. They're not two stepford, perfect people.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Even though C&L get married (and, I hear, annulled right after), I can't wait for 7.10! Bring. It. On! I can't wait to see what this special moment between L&L in 7.10 (the Christmas episode) is. I hope Rosenthal breaks up Chris/Lorelai in a mature way though, since they only have David Sutcliffe for 13 episodes this season (assuming one of them is the last one, when Rory graduates). I like them together, they have chemistry, but that Luke isen't right for her because he messed up? Chris messed up for almost 20 years.

I truly think that we'll see L&L either on their way back together, or back together by the end of the season.

• Members

According to Rosenthal, the ending this season has the possibility of being both a season finale and a series finale.

Personally, I think L&L get married. That sets them up for a pregnancy next season like it should be (thus making the "kids would be good comment" even cuter). Rory graduates, we'll maybe see her try herself in the real world, see if Mitchum was right and that she's not cut out for it. I think GG has at least another year to go. They should finish the way the fans want it, and IMO, you can't do that in this last season, but it'd be fine if they end it the way it's speculated.

Archived