Hidden Palms: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this show was being done by anybody else, I probably would not have given it the time of day, but it's Kevin Williamson, and he created the late, great "Dawson's Creek," so it's definitely on my must-see list. When in the hell does it premiere? It was supposed to debut on 3/15, but then they put the fricken Pussycat Doll crap on instead.

• Members

It debuts on May 30th following One Tree Hill. While Kevin Williamson is known for his rather 'vanilla' casts, he has included Tessa Thompson (who I believe was misused on Veronica Mars) in the cast so that shows me that its not his usual thing. I think Hidden Palms has promise and I think people are hungry to watch another young adult drama. Personally, I rather watch these type of dramas as opposed to some of the cop/hospital shows on the telly now.

• Members

Same here. Medical dramas, IMO, haven't been good in decades. I know, I know. People seem to just adore "ER" and "Grey's Anatomy" and all that, but none of them can hold a candle on some good old "Marcus Welby" or "Emergency!" or any of the other 70s hospital shows. The exact same thing can be said for the crime dramas.

• Members

Yeah I rewatched the pilot with a friend--the "runs int eh fountains" girl is already kinda annoying but I like the feel of the show (even if the teaser trailers which make it seem like another Supernatural emphasise that WAY too much) and it actually seems more appealing to me than Dawson's--which I liked but that artifical stylized dialogue, etc was a bit too overdone early on

Hopefully Williamson will stick around for it--if it becomes a success--longer than the year and a half he gave Dawson's

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I liked it, thought it was intriguing.

The Good:

-Amber Heard is a GORGEOUS, really compelling actress.

-Love the quirky neighborhood.

-Jessie Jo!

-Really interesting "mystery" with Eddie and the house.

The Not So Good:

-The Kevin Williamson dialogue. I'm sorry, I am just not into the self-aware, really heightened language he likes to use. My pet peeve of the episode: the part where Johnny and Greta are "Reading" each other.

-I keep seeing Desperate Housewives-lite in this show.

• Members

They cut out a big part of the pilot. I downloaded this last summer and there were neighbors, who were swingers. The husband and wife had both slept with this contractor dude at the same time. I wonder why they dropped that plotline.

Archived