Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Law & Order: SVU - Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

1 hour ago, Liberty City said:

Same. This'll either succeed or fail. I feel like Organized Crime has genuinely succeeded because it is revolved around Christopher Meloni's Elliott Stabler. I don't know if the flagship can do the same.

Without Jerry Orbach the show wasn't and still wont be the same. Plus S Epetha is on Chicago Med and I question if Sam Waterson would return. The only detective paring that might work would be Chris Noth and Jessie L Martin perhaps?? IDK. 

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
19 minutes ago, ironlion said:

Without Jerry Orbach the show wasn't and still wont be the same. Plus S Epetha is on Chicago Med and I question if Sam Waterson would return. The only detective paring that might work would be Chris Noth and Jessie L Martin perhaps?? IDK. 

Chris Noth is a regular on The Equalizer with Queen Latifah and is also part of the Sex And The City revival, And Just Like That. So he may not be available.

• Members

Jerry Orbach was gone for several years and the show continued just fine.  With some good casting, there's no reason TOS couldn't thrive.   With all the former soap and the Broadway actors in New York, it's easy to find cast members.  OC is doing reasonably well due to Stabler, and decent writing. 

As much as the former cast is appreciated, just changing districts with a different cast of characters would work and the others could be referenced as former/ current colleagues.  Besides, Anthony Anderson will be looking for work now that Black-ish is ending. He could be the captain now...

• Members

I think it was a mistake to cancel the mothership and leave only SVU which long ago became a crass parody of itself. Organized Crime is solid but it's so different. I am open to it coming back.

• Members

I stopped watching L&O about a decade before it ended. The show became too focused on paper-thin "oh let's cover THIS scandal now" material and lost any soul, and a number of cast changes had made the show a national joke [just ask Elisabeth Rohm...). I wish they had kept the show on at least one more season, because I do get why Dick Wolf wanted that record, but unless they commit to going back to the early, gritty days of L&O, without the glossy cast and vacuous tone, then they should just leave it to the past.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I doubt they're looking for huge ratings for this and will settle for "solid" which it should do. It's obvious this will be taking the planned place of the scrapped L & O: For The Defense on Thursdays. NBC will get a solid night of programming.

• Members
On 9/30/2021 at 8:25 AM, amybrickwallace said:

Another thing is how CHEAP the sets on SVU and OC look now. Wolf made millions upon millions from this franchise and he won't even open the purse strings to make them look good. I have doubts he'd make the mothership look even halfway decent.

Yeah. The new squad room looks like complete and utter garbage. It's almost like Wolf and company are trying to bring back the vibe of the O.G. squad room with the "appeal" of the Organized Crime "modern" room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I need them to explain this set bullsh!t right now

Also, not going to lie, I'm tired of the persistent crossing-over of Special Victims Unit and Organized Crime. Once in a while feels special, but, at this point, this feels like two-hour hybrid series: Organized Crime Victims Unit.