Saturday Night Live: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I think at first I was a little overwhelmed with the new "crop" of cast Lorne hired at the beginging of last season but i think they've come into their own. It's OK to see one or two new people a season but there were several last season when Lorne "cleaned house." I know most of the old cast left on their own terms but there just seemed like a bunch.

About the black cast members, I just don't understand why it's been a big deal now when for the past 38 season, there have been maybe one or two (at one time) in the cast and there wasn't much "yelling" about it until now.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's more of a big deal in recent years because we had a black President and they had a white guy in brownface play him. Add in the horrible treatment of women (which amounted to putting Kenan Thompson in a dress) and there was going to be a backlash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Presidents/politicians have been the butt of SNL skits for forty years. Anyone that has not only hosted the show as well as made cameo appearances on it, has no business complaining about it. Just my opinion. 

To all the ruffled feathers seen on television complaining SNL went too far, I didn't hear from any of you complaining when Trump insulted most Americans  by their gender, sexual preference or nations of origin.

PEOTUS, if you hate the show so much, pay attention to all the messes you've already made since your candidacy and turn the television off. That's what I did when you started flailing your arms during your sad attempt at a press conference!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Awww... I like her a lot.  I will say though that she always had the worst habit of tripping over her lines. Still, her presence and comedy will be missed. 

P.S. I'm glad they secured Kate McKinnon for another year. I hope she sticks around at least through the election next year.