• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

First post in almost two years. :lol:

Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. :)

Tina :wub:

I also loved the SNL Digital Short - I love Andy Samberg's musicals. :lol:

The rest of the skits weren't that funny. Phelps was kinda stiff. He wasn't as good as Peyton Manning or Tom Brady who were more loose.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Did they stay steady tho? Ent Weekly mentioned how the drop off after the first (nearly always political) skit has been far sharper than ever before for the show--dropping over 70% sometimes by the end. I have to admit we watched the first half or so at a party I was at on Saturday--but after Weekend Update no one wanted to continue watching and we turned it off (Kristen's impersonation of Suze O was, however, *brilliant* and not just cuz I had already had several drinks by then...)

• Members

Amy P is co-HW till she leaves when she has her baby--according to Ent Weekly tho the credits only list Seth. Tina of course writes the skits she's in which explains the big jump.

I thought the weekend update was really poor--tho I assume having Sarah Palin bobbing her head to a rap was the most innocuous thing they could do that she agreed to. And yeah nothing else stood out except I stand by thinkign Kristen was brilliant as Suze O--but that may just be a personal thing :P I felt bad for Brolin, an actor I like, because with Palin having a cameo, Baldwin havign a cameo, and Mark Wahlber spoofing his own complaint only a few days before about that sketch last week, Brolin was left with basically nothing to do

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hm...are you sure? I don't think that's right. I've never heard or read that Amy was Co-HW. If she was, why wouldn't she be listed in the credits?

Tina said that Seth Myers writes the skits she's in, though Tina of course has inputs.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I Jizzed in my pants :lol:

I loved this SNL DS! The beat of this song is so good! LOL

Singers: Andy Samberg & Jorma Taccone

Guest stars: Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Molly Sims and Justin Timberlake (the janitor and he sings a bit at the end)

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BmRTHSlmc

Lyrics: http://community.livejournal.com/thelonelyisland/458902.html

• Members

Amy Poehler Says Goodbye to Saturday Night Live

By Tim Molloy

Amy Poehler said goodbye to Saturday Night Live in true Weekend Update-style, with a sincere and heartfelt message quickly interrupted by a gag at the expense of New York's blind governor.

"I did just want to take a moment to thank everybody," Poehler said at the end of Saturday's Update segment. "This is my last show. And it has been an amazing experience to be here. Being able to do over 140 shows with my friends and my family has been a dream come true, and from the bottom of my heart—"

At which point Fred Armisen, playing Gov. David Paterson, walked into the shot and stayed there.

Watch it here:

Amy's Goodye

Poehler also performed a final Bronx Beat sketch with SNL alum Maya Rudolph and host Hugh Laurie.

Poehler, a new mom with husband Will Arnett, now moves on to starring in an NBC sitcom from The Office executive producers Greg Daniels and Mike Schur.

Poehler's influence on the show has been deep: Poehler was one of the founders of the Upright Citizens Brigade, a comedy ensemble that became a Comedy Central series and a school. Several of its performers have joined Poehler on SNL, including Horatio Sanz, Bobby Moynihan, and Abby Elliot.

Will you miss Poehler on SNL? What were your favorite Poehler moments?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/SNLs-Amy-Poehler-1000843.aspx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Justin Timberlake is always a fantastic host!

So many great jokes in this skit! Loved this one: ""Publicly they'll claim to be virgins but privately, he hit it." :lol:

Which leads to........... "Dick in a box" sequel......"Mother Lover"

They should win another win another Emmy for "Mother Lover" :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

I dont' know why anybody hasn't done one before (maybe it's too far in the past to find) but Saturday Night Live has been a Saturday night tradition in my family since it begand (long before i was born). It's starting it's 39th season tonight with all new cast members because several of the old ones left.

I started watching back in the 1980's. iut was a weekend so i didn't have a bedtime. I remember Church Chat and Dennis Miller doing the news. I've watched a lot of it ever since. it all depends on the guest. If it's a good guest, someone i know then i'll watch the whole thing, if not, i'll usually just watch up until the end of the "news" part. I especially love during election years going back to when Bill Clinton was played by Phil Hartmen.

Besides the history, i'm looking forward to how the new cast is going to do. Who's going to take over for Seth Meyers when he goes to Late Night, what will be the better guests this season.