Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtru1981

ALL SOAPS

hOW WAS/IS THE WORST HEADWRITTER FOR THEIR SOAP?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick who is the worst for their soap.

• JER(former DAYS hw)
    • MT(AMC hw
    • JER(PASSIONS hw)
    • Brad Bell (B&B HW)
    • DAVID KREIZMAN(GL hw)
    • DH(OLTL hw)

I voted for Dena Higley but it was awfully close between she and Megan McTavish. Both have caused huge detrimental damage to both OLTL and AMC. Many mistakes have been made that may never be undone.

I know that many will say JER for Days but what McTavish and Higley have done was far worse than anything JER ever did to Days IMO. JER was bad but nothing he did caused problems that will affect the show for years to come. JER was faithful to the basic cast and story of Days. He didn't rewrite great amounts of history, and fill the show with all kinds of new characters. McTavish and Higley have both done that.

Again I bring back up JER who wrote Days badly this second stint, but overall his stories were just boring. They weren't bad. He had some good ideas. He was hurt more by the breakdown writers and bad day to day writing than he was as a headwriter.

I would add Michael Malone's 2nd stint on OLTL to the list of those bad for their shows.

She's not on the list but Jean Passanante for ATWT. I've gone from loving to the show to being completely bored with it. I've recently taken it off my VCR schedule. :( There's something seriously wrong when Simon's return doesn't even get me excited enough to watch everyday.

I voted for Dena Higley. Though McTavish has been awful for the better part of a year & a 1/2 now, I did at least enjoy the first part of her stint. Higley has completely botched OLTL. The only time during her tenure was it can't-miss was when Daniel was "outed" at his press conference & revealed to be the serial killer. But she dropped the ball almost immediately after. Atrocious!

I voted Kreizman.

As much as I detest what he has done to this legendary soap to be fair the sole blame cannot rest entirely on him.

The list of HW's over the years,with the exception of Millee Taggart and Carolyn Culliton.

Ellen Wheeler,John Conboy and Paul Rauch deserve blame too!

Conboy especially for not having faith in Taggart and Culliton and instead replacing them with his old pal,Ellen Weston.

The local affiliates that won't air it at the original time and the networks for not insisting on them airing it at the 2:00,3 eastern hour.

Mary Alice Dwyer-Dobbin,the former P&G head.

The budget cuts by P&G and CBS.

Firing Kreizman and putting a good EP in charge who isn't having to learn her craft on the job would be a start back in the right direction.

McT... as previously stated.. unabortion! Television history there.

WTH are these Lavery's and Carey's.

ugh

JER for Days was tempting, but he finally put that show in the hole for ratings and that was enough for Corday and Co to change things. ABCD is still another story.

At the time, it didn't seem like anyone could do a bigger hack job than JER did during his latest stint at DAYS, but in comparison to everything I hear about AMC and OLTL, I see that it could have been much worse.

I voted for JER and DAYS. As tempting as it was to vote for McT, even when she was at her worst there was always at least ONE s/l that kept me watching. JER's second term at DAYS, however, was just plain unwatchable for me.