• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

After this past Thursday's episode, I have to declare my love for Dr. Arizona Robbins!

I started really liking her after episode 6.5 during the scene with Callie's father: "Most people think that I was named for the state but it's not true. I was named for a battleship -- the USS Arizona. My grandfather was serving on the Arizona when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and he saved 19 men before he drowned. Pretty much everthing my father did his whole life was about honoring that sacrifice. I was raised to be a good man in a storm. Raised to love my country, love my family and protect the things I love. When my father, Colonel Daniel Robbins of the United States Marine Corps, heard that I was lesbian, he said he only had one question. I was prepared for, "How fast can you get the hell out of my house?" but instead it was, "Are you still who I raised you to be?" My father believes in country the way you believe in God. And my father is not a man who bends, but he bent for me because I'm his daughter. I'm a good man in a storm. I love your daugther, and I protect the things I love. Not that I need to. She doesn't need it. She's strong and caring and honorable. And she's who you raised her to be."

Now in episode 6.8 when she takes over the mother saying and doing the hand movements, "Bad dreams bad dreams go away good dreams good dreams here to stay," that's the moment where I fell in love with this character. And then she tops it off by saying, "I love you," to Callie at the end of the episode. What a fantastic Arizona episode!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Heh out of habit I guess, much like Y&R. It's a muddled mess and Shonda Rimes is such a hack. I watched an episode of Private Practice, which is desperately clinging to survive seems to be simply using old Grey's scripts right down to the same dialogue. Actually, I'm surprised anyone besides me and a couple friends still watch. The show keeps going down in down in the ratings. A couple seasons ago it was in the top 5 show; the 2/12 episode last week has been the series' lowest-rated so far and it came in at #16. At this rate they're going be out of the top 20 by May.

Edited by soapfan770

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...