Thursday's Ratings - TV has NEW #1 show!

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately not. I just have a feeling its over for HOUSEWIVES. I've not seen a single spoiler that indicates it will return to its former glory. Add SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL as competition and you're pretty much asking for trouble.

I'm giving it the season opener to prove itself and that's it. I can't afford to waste another season watching it.

And that's a shame, because I HATE GREY'S!

• Members

Question 1: Not this week but I would hardly say its over. Early reviews are that DH is going back to what made it successful in the opening season. More interraction between the main cast and above all funny. All the promos/spoilers I've read sound IMO amazing. Marc Cherry knows last season was a failure. I am confident he will return this show to its former glory.

I don't think Football will pose as big of a threat as some would think. We will see.

Erarly buzz is good, promos have been airing like crazy.

I am predicting DH will attract somewhere between 20-23 million viewers.

• Members

DH at its lowest last season still had a rating in the range of 14.5; I wouldn't be surprised if they can muster a rating higher than GA's 15.7 for the premiere unless for some reason football ends up affecting it a ton. So far there's been a lot of positive buzz around season 3 so I'm looking forward to it (and I have to admit I enjoyed season 2, though it plays out better on DVD without the month-long breaks).

• Members

Right but Luka/Abby started after the decrease. The decrease was due to all the Africa stuff and focus shifting outside of the ER. Midway through last season, the focus went back to the ER (with a one or two Dalfur episodes thrown in with Carter) and then Luka/Abby began to slowly come back together and the show just steadily improved. The finale was amazing and the premiere showed it wasn't a fluke. My point is ER saw an increase in numbers which can be attributed to no competition from Without a Trace and from the show having a bit of a creative renissance. The show has it's heart and soul back in the Luka/Abby pairing and ER needs a signature couple as an emotional center. Maybe Luka/Abby is not why the ratings increased a bit but they have created lots of positive buzz and, after awhile, that can translate into increases.

I would encourage anyone who previously watched it or who is searching for something to fill their 10:00 hour to tune it. I have read a few story plans and this year sounds amazing and it has already been amazing. Now if you don't like Luka/Abby or some of the other characters/actors, then I would suggest not tuning in but, other then that, give it a whirl. It really is in a resurgence IMO and I was one who was ready to quit watching early last year.

Archived