Thursday's Ratings - TV has NEW #1 show!

Toups

• Members

Wow. I'm so impressed it didn't surprise you. You're so great. Man, I wish I could be so sure and awesome about knowing stuff as you are. Thanks, Oh Knowledgeable One from Upon High, for letting me know it should not have surprised me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am to be honest a bit shocked Grey's was able to beat CSI on the first go. I thought they would put a dent in CSI and maybe if they kept up the solid writing that they had last season would be able to over take it. This is big news. CSI only had 22 millon viewers. Over the last 2-3 years they have averaged close to 30 million but TV ratings really don't start climbing until a few weeks in anyways. It will be interesting to see if Grey's continues to rise. CSI has been losing the buzz factor for a while now..... maybe this will cause CSI to step it up because I don't know about the rest of you but I was very disappointed with last season.

Also to add, Friends I believe was the #1 scripted show before CSI officially took over.

• Members

I think the fact that CSI has stand alone episodes work against it in this case. If you miss a week of Grey's Anatomy you're missing MAJOR plot points. You can easily miss a couple weeks of CSI and fall back into the show. I'm sure this is what viewers think when making the choice between the two shows.

• Administrator

Rick, do you know what was the last scripted tv show to be #1?

It very well could, but GA beating CSI proves that the show will no longer be dominating its competition anymore. It's a 2 horse race now which makes Thursday nights a lot more interesting.

• Members

I completely agree. CSI only had 3 million viewers less than Grey's. It's still a powerhouse.

House will not even get close to CSI in the ratings this season until American Idol returns. Did you see the ratings House got on Tuesday?

I'm just saying that Grey's' ratings win over CSI on Thursday will probably only be a one-time thing... IMO, of course. ;)

• Members

Love the ratings for Greys..I'm so over CBS and the CSI franchise...Glad a show finally has put a dent in CBS's thursday night...

I just wish that Earl and The Office would inch up more..these are two of the best comedies on primetime tv now...WATCH these shows people..

• Members

Too bad you stopped the second half and not the first half. The second half had Catherine getting drugged and raped and waking up in a seedy motel room. They also had an interesting new murder where the guy is dead and on the kitchen counter is an exact replica of the murder scene in miniature.

Archived