Thursday's Ratings - TV has NEW #1 show!

Toups

• Administrator

WOW!! What a shocker! I thought eventually GA would beat CSI, but I don't think anyone thought it would happen this early. Congrats to Stephen McPhearson, Shonda Rhimes and everyone at GA. I'm so happy about this. :D I believe this is the first time since 2004 that a non reality tv show beat CSI in the ratings. Anyone know what show was #1 in the ratings before CSI took over in 2004?

HHs

1. Grey's Anatomy - 17.1/25

2. CSI - 14.9/22

Total Viewers

1. Grey's Anatomy - 25.14 million

2. CSI - 22.04 million

Adults 18-49

1. Grey's Anatomy - 10.9/26

2. CSI - 7.5/18

Total Viewers

1. Grey’s Anatomy 25.1 million

2. CSI 22.0 million

3. Survivor 17.3 million

4. ER 15.6 million

5. Shark 15 million

6. Grey’s Anatomy Clip Show 13.5 million

7. Six Degrees 13.3 million

8. Deal or No Deal 10.1 million

9. The Office 9.1 million

10. My Name is Earl 8.9 million

11. Til Death 5.9 million

12. Happy Hour 4.4 million

13. Celebrity Duets 3.3 million

Households

1. Grey’s Anatomy 17.1/25

2. CSI 14.9/22

3. Shark 11.1/17

4. ER 11.0/17

5. Grey’s Anatomy Clip Show 10.5/16

6. Survivor 10.2/16

7. Six Degrees 9.3/15

8. Deal or No Deal 6.5/10

9. My Name is Earl 6.4/10

10. The Office 6.2/9

11. ‘Til Death 4.4/7

12. Happy Hour 3.3/5

13. Celebrity Duets 2.7/4

18-49

1. Grey’s Anatomy 10.9/26

2. CSI 7.5/18

3. ER 6.8/18

4. Survivor 6.4/18

5. Six Degrees 5.8/15

6. Grey’s Anatomy Clip Show 4.8/13

7. The Office 4.3/11

8. Shark 4.2/11

9. My Name is Earl 3.7/11

10. Deal or No Deal 3.5/9

11. Til Death 2.2/7

12. Happy Hour 1.7/4

13. Celebrity Duets 1.2/3

CW aired repeats

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not see why this is so shocking. I love both shows by the way..and hate this match up..even though it was the right thing to do.

Why would anyone be shocked that GA took at least the first round? It has had GIGANTIC buzz for almost two years...CSI has been slowing down buzz wise and still getting "killer" ratings.

No shock to me...

• Members

It will be big doings if it overtakes it for the season...one week...no. Especially premiere week.

I am sure GA will win the season, but I do not rule out CSI.

Should not shock anyone. Its been on for years, has two spinoffs...no surprise...none whatsoever.

• Members

It is a huge surprise. And it's huge news. That's the way the industry works, Kwing. New #1's are a huge deal.

ABC can now say they have the #1 show. It doesn't matter if it is for one week. They can now brand and advertise Grey's as being #1 and they can say they are the network with the #1 show.

• Members

Something else to note is that CSI had quite the drop from it's ratings last season. Desperate Housewives will probably beat it as well, maybe even House.

CSI: Miami also had a slight drop, but it's still #1 on Monday. CSI: NY had a big jump with yesterdays premiere, so I'd say it's the star right now.

• Members

Really? I was really disappointed with it, the deaths weren't that interesting to me. Next week's looks a little bit better though. I stopped watching half way through, and started watching Deal Or No Deal (I could never get into GA.) I probably won't be watching the season consitently; if I have to put up with more little moments from Grissom and Sara, I can't stand those two together.

I can't wait! I'm anxious to see how My Name Is Earl/The Office block did.

• Members
:o WOW! CSI's drop was huge. In the fast nationals last year, its premiere got a 17.3 (tying with Desperate Housewives). In the fast nationals last night it only got a 13.5. I thought CSI would drop, but not by that much. I wouldn't be surprised if DH beats it for the week, too.

Archived