"Black Christmas"(2006)

OneLife Fan

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gonna see this. I'm mainly happy cause this should generate some interest in the original. You want to see the origin of Halloween, Friday the 13th, and just about every slasher-horror movie from the mid-70s? You check out Black Christmas.

• Members

I read on about.com that Katie Cassidy from the remake of "When a Stranger Calls" is in it and she spilled that there are going to be flashback sequences of the killer's childhood... I don't remember that in the original. Part of the reason the original rocked was because it was so ambiguous and scary.

• Members

I'm not too thrilled with this. The original is perfect, there was no need for a remake. The great thing about BC is that you just don't know why "Billy" is so crazy and why he targeted the sorority house. I think sometimes movies are better off when we don't know everything about the killer.

• Members

I hate remakes that try to add things that weren't in the original for a reason. For example, it "When a Stranger Calls" the original writers obviously knew that a feature-length phone conversation wouldn't fly. I do not wanna see why Billy is the way he is.

Archived