Halloween Remake In The Works

Roman

• Members

If this happens, I won't see it. This is truly sad.

From BloodyDisgusting.com:

'Halloween' Remake Still on the Hot Plate

Get more on Halloween | Posted 10.07.05 @ 02:26 pm ]

It sucks when you're sworn to secracy, especially when we're talking about a remake of John Carpenter's Halloween! All I can tell you is exactly what the NY Times will tell you, that the Weinstein Brothers are planning to remake the film- at some point. They write, "Under the separation agreement between the Weinsteins and Disney, the brothers were given sequel rights to 15 franchise or potentially franchise projects, including a remake of Halloween." Hopefully we'll be able to tell you more when the agreement is completed. Watch this spot. In the original 1978 film, a psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes on a mindless rampage while his doctor chases him through the streets.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went to the official Halloween message board, and somebody had started a thread about a remake, and provided the link.

This is their chance to put a young, beautiful and no-acting cast in it, and cast Michael as a killer who will spout one-liners. It stinks. The sequels have digressed in quatlity over the years, and I guess they think this would be a better idea than say, coming out with a great sequel with suspense and fear.

• Members

I liked it, becuase it was an improvement over the horrible 5 and 6, but IMO, it took too long for the chase to begin, and once it did, it seemed like it was over after 10 minutes. It didn't build up the suspense enough for me, even though it was a better film.

Now, Ressurection, TCOMM and TROMM should be dropped from the archives and never referred to again. All 3 of those films were just plain bad, with the exception of the first one, Halloween II and the best sequel in the series, Halloween 4.

• Members

IA 100%. All it shows is that Hollywood has lost all creative expression. There are probably thousands of scripts that sit in offices that are 1,000,000 times better than the remade crap that keeps getting made. There is only one way to stop remakes - the public needs to stop paying to see this crap. If lousy movies like Dukes and Bewitched stop making $80 million at the B.O., then they will return to original concepts, just like television is now turing back to srcipted t.v. as apposed to all reality all the time. It's also much cheaper to make remakes, and they will get their investment back in a week, maybe two. Hollywood producers are going for the quick cash, not long-term success. They don't care about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

IA. Like the remake for Psycho. Who's bright-ass idea was it to film this movie word-for-word and scene-for-scene in the first place?

Horror movies used to be great because it was about scaring the hell out of you. Now, they go out and get beautiful people who couldn't act if a shotgun was pointed to their heads, and then putting a "Who-done-it" style story in every movie. I want to know what the hell is going on in the fisrt 15 minutes, and then spend the next 2 hours on the edge of my seat, which doesn't happen anymore. They could come up with another slasher flick instead of remaking one of the finest horror pictures ever made.

Archived