I'll bet $500 GH will win November Sweeps

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This sounds huge! I am definitely back 100% into GH with Robin back and nununuCarly but this will definitley keep my attention. IA, I think they have sweeps in the bag. Aside from B&B and well maybe PSNS with this Red thing, I haven't heard any other soap doing promos, not even DAYS... I know it's their 40th but I haven't heard anything big that htey have planned. Granted I'm not fishing for the news either, but I wasn't fishing for this and now I know. DAYS should be promoting big things for its 40th by now if they want big things in return...

• Members

I think ABC will have a big sweeps month.

On AMC:

-Greenlee leaves town

-Janet "From Another Planet" Dillon returns

-Ryan finds out Kendall is pregnant

-Exciting stuff with Babe/JR/Dixie

-Erica's storyline with Dr. Madden and Josh

-Plus more!

On OLTL:

-Jessica's DID reveal (the cause of it)

-Spencer's plan kicks into gear

-Todd's storyline continues

-David and Dorian's wedding

-Cristian and Natalie Stuff

-Daddy's homecoming will impact the Buchanan kids

-Plus more!

On GH:

-Train Wreck (lol, not the show, the big event for sweeps)

-Mob storyline hits full force (some people are gonna die)

-Noah Drake returns

-Robin interacts with Jason/Sam

-Rexis birth!

-Liz and Lucky's wedding! (Probably includes Helena too)

-Liz is kidnapped

-Brotherly love (sub-storylines with Ric and Sonny)

-Carly returns home to a mess (mob storyline)

-Courtney/Nik/Emily/Jax/ Helena storyline

-Luke's current storyline

-Plus more!

-There are also events at the end of October that impact the sweeps more (ONS Reveal, LuLu comes home etc.)

ABC seems like they are gonna unleash everything for the sweeps.

• Members

I'm telling ya, ABC desperately needs something to get back into the ratings race. The year has been lacklusuture so far. People seem to be still overwhelmingly down on AMC but it has really picked up the last month. I think alot of people see McTavish is still writing and think its crap. LOL Sure she aint a soap queen but I think right now anyway she is getting the job done.

• Members

Yes GH will probably win. They'll get out of their ratings slump long enough for sweeps, which is all ABC cares about.

AMC is still so lacklustre. The only thing going for sweeps is Janet's return which is to prop up one of the weakest characters/stories. If they were smart (ha!) they would avoid putting Amanda on during sweeps and focus on what's working........oh never mind, now I see why they can't do that :lol:

Seriously, sweeps is Rylee....I cannot believe ABC is stupid enough to have them shoulder another sweeps. Did they not get the memo 2 years ago? WE HATE RYLEE. Yes she's leaving, but the great Rylee love story is still the main sweeps story.

But I'm somewhat optimistic. AMC is not going to do well next month. GH will do great, OLTL should go up a bit.....question is will Frons do something about it?

• Members

I agree I think GH is pulling out all the stops for November sweeps. According to articles this disaster is bigger then the PC Fire and they won an Emmy for that story. I think GH is hoping for another win next year with this train wreck.

As much as I think AMC is just blah these days, I may just have to tune in to see the end of Rylee! Oh how sad ..... NOT!!! Oops is that my agenda showing? :P

I'm excited about seeing Noah Drake back at GH - and Alexis finally having this baby! I'm looking forward to what GH has in store for sweeps - it should be a wild ride.

Oh and yes the LnL2 wedding would not be a Spencer wedding without Helena!! She returns on Oct 24th. EEEEEEE!!!

Soap :)

• Members

I guess we'll have to see what they do for the holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up soon. But with their track record for the past few years, their holiday shows aren't much to look at either. Although the b/w episode with Dillon was hysterical but no more Groundhog Day episodes PLEASE!!!

Soap :)

• Members

Frons is desperate. GH and AMC have slipped in the demos and haemorraged viewers.

But instead of actually trying to FIX what's wrong with ABC Daytime and GH in particular, Frons plans to paper over the cracks with what Guza calls him "mini-movie." Barf.

And another woman gets violently killed on GH. Charming!

Slky, if GH don't win the ratings race - who gets your $500? B)

Archived