Fashion House: Week 1 (Premiere Week)

Ryan

• Members

After being slightly disappointed by "Desire", I tuned into Fashion House and man do I love it. Hot men, hot women, a good story, great acting. The first episode alone is better than a lot of the [!@#$%^&*] I've seen in daytime. And you know what the best part is? I can watch Desire and Fashion House just like a soap. It is re-aired daily at 3 and 4 PM. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT.

The guy who plays Luke is hot.

Bo Derek is hot. Always was and always will be.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although better than DESIRE, I definitely see how both got really bad reviews.

FH has SO MUCH going for it and I hope things turn around for that show.

I give the "translator" props for giving Maria Zianni fun, !@#$%^&*]y one-liners the entire episode. Even if some of them didn't stick.

For the most part, the dialogue just seems SO friggin' stilted. I'm not sure if its the delivery by the actors, the way the words are translated or both.

I like Bo Derek's icy character(BTW, is it Gianni or Zianni?) and the romantic chemistry between Michelle and Luke. The actress who plays her did a decent job conveying emotion during the whole picture discovery scene.

I see this show only getting better in terms of its camp value and with Morgan Fairchild's Sophia Blakely coming in as the adversary.

But one thing MyNetworkTV DEFINITELY needs for future novelas is better translators. Maybe with the WGA and NewsCorp coming to a deal that all parties can agree on, the dialogue will improve.

I'll give this and DESIRE another week before I come to a staunch conclusion about them(the same thing I did about SPYDER GAMES). I definitely see myself keeping FASHION HOUSE, if for anything, the Maria/Sophia !@#$%^&*]fests.

If daytime decides to give novelas a try, I HOPE(and I mean REALLY HOPE) they aren't adaptations.

• Members

I tried to watch the first 5 minutes but there was way too much slapping in that teaser. Every 5 second there was literally a slap and that was enough to turn me off. I didnt know it was rerun. I'll try and tape it to see it. Im trying to avoid this and Desire though bc since its on 5 nights a week, I dont want to get hooked bc I dont want to squeeze them into my schedule and if I like it, thats exactly what will happen

• Members

Cheap, you can catch the previous nights episodes the next day during the afternoon. In my timezone it comes on at 3 & 4 PM.

I was interested, but wasn't going to watch it. Then I found out that MyNetworkTV said they will never cancel the telenovas mid series. They will air the ENTIRE 13 week story-arc, good ratings or bad. That is what hooked me in. I try not to get invested in new shows b/c they are cancelled so much, but this made me happy.

Today was the debut episode for both shows. Yesterday they aired a network special dedicated to the launch of the network.

But yea, they will re-air the episodes the next day. They will also give a 90 second recap of what happened the night before. I LOVE IT.

• Members

What show were you watching? lol. The actings was horrible, including Bo Derek. The bad writing certainly didn't help the amateur cast. I have to say I was pretty disappointed with FH. I didn't have a chance to see DESIRE bc I was watching Big Brother.

There is certainly potential. But right now it's so over the top. The characters have no depth & I hated the way they shot the show & all those special transition shots. UGH!

Still, I suppose I will give it until other shows I want to see premiere on NBC/ABC.

• Members

It's Maria Gianni. It was initially Maria Zianni but I think that when it was finally revealed that Morgan Fairchild was involved with "Fashion House" Bo Derek was suddenly playing Maria Gianni. Just like Luke was initially named Paul and James Black's Rodney went by another name.

"Fashion House" felt like a tighter show. The episode didn't feel as rushed and everything seemed to be weaving itself together well. Was it superb? No, but there was some nasty one-liners in there. "Don't you know that there are children in Bangkok working harder than this?" DAMN!

Jordi Vilasuso was billed in the opening. :( I was really hoping that his role wouldn't be that big. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Sophia Blakely. I did like how Morgan Fairchild had a silouette of her name in the opening, kinda like Lauren Hutton in the original "Central Park West" opening.

I felt that the subplots were stronger. I liked Nicole Pulliam's Nikki and Robert Buckley's Michael. I liked hard shelled Nikki telling Michelle to stop devoting all her time to Lance and using the sketch in the show. I felt the staging was a lot better than the Andrea nearly runs down Alex with her car.

I kinda like the way the sexual blackmail between William and Maria. Showing Maria alone at work with the brief flashes was effective.

"Fashion House" knew how to end, something that "Desire" messed up. I wanted more at the end of "Fashion House". They kept drawing out the end of "Desire". It felt like it was winding down but it kept going.

• Members

I'm torn about it...

The production values are great. The show has a high def, glossy look to it that's marvelous. Kinda remind's me of the overall look of Nip/Tuck.

Didn't like the grainy fade to black, or the forty quick shots of random high end items. Too flashy and totally unnecessary.

I don't care for the couple that Michelle and PamperedBoy are destined to become, and I don't really care much for their individual characters. PamperedBoy is destined to annoy with his self created drama and stupid artsy dreams.

I did love his Super!@#$%^&*] model girlfriend. The writers should run with it and turn her into an all out villain, like telenovelas do.

One of the positives of a limited airtime is that characters can be written to extremes, be totally and completely evil without needing o find a cop out to redeem them so they can be kept around for the next storyline like soaps have to.

For me to like it, it has to be centered more on the actual fashion world. Don't really care about BoDerek's money woes (probably a drug or gambling addiction), PamperedBoy's troubles, or Michelle's cheating husband.

• Members

I'm shocked at how much Fashion House worked! I've been very depressed and drinking over the cancellation of Footballers Wives, but I think I have found my new (extremely) guilty pleasure! As far as trashy glamorous soaps go, this is a keeper!

This had better pacing and a more interesting story than Desire. Plus the cast is a million times better. Bo Derek is amazing to watch and the supporting cast is very charming. Loving Nikki, the desperate housewife and her husband, the son is cute and I love love love the gays!

It's a shame this will be airing after Desire, because it has a bigger chance of success. Hopefully Desire didn't disappoint too much and people stick around to watch this. It's very disappointing seeing how great this show is and knowing it'll only be 13 weeks! I know I would love to see this continue, hopefully they'll consider bringing it back in the future.

Now I just need to figure out a way to watch this five days a week! I don't know how I'm going to fit it in with all the new and returning shows I plan on watching. I still haven't looked over the new schedule, but I'm going to do that now. *Must* get my daily Fashion House fix!

• Members

I didn't see Desire, but Fashion House is okay. I think Morgan's arrival will amp things up. Bo Derek is still gorgeous and that's a sin! :lol: Her character definitely reminded me of Kate Roberts.

My favorite character was the black model. The spiky haired guy in the red shirt was hot too.

I'm not sure if I'll keep watching.

Archived