VMA's: Whoo Hoooo Go P!nk!!!!

R!ck

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to like Pink, but she's so pretentious and acts like she's so above pop music when she makes...pop music. She shows skin just like the rest of them, I think she's a bit of a hypocrite.

Panic at the Disco and James Blunt are just evil to me! Very disappointed to see them on the show at all. Nice to see AFI win though.

What surprised me is that Madonna had the second most nominations and this amazing comeback didn't wiin ANYTHING? They should've paid her whatever to have her opening the show AND she needed to win.

The closet thing to a diva we got was Beyonce copying Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation routine. Speaking of Janet, where the hell was she?! She has an album coming out! They really missed the boat on two potentially great perfromances.

Next year Sarah Silverman needs to host (that woman is insanely funny).

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Sep 2 2006, 05:50 AM)

I used to like Pink, but she's so pretentious and acts like she's so above pop music when she makes...pop music. She shows skin just like the rest of them, I think she's a bit of a hypocrite.

May have blinders on but I just chalk it up to confidence :lol:

She was funny accepting her award. "Oh wow, I totally won" thaaanks!

To bad it wasn't Paris presenting her the award. That would have been hilarious.

I know I know, Stupid Girls is a pop song but she don't make straight-up Pop music like Britney, Kelly, or Celine. "Can't Take me Home" was an up-tempo R&B album, "Missundaztood" was Rock/Blues, "Try This" was Rock, and "I'm Not Dead" is a collage of Dance/Rock/R&B/Power Pop/Folk

It's the damn record execs that makes her release the PopRock songs. She didn't even want Stupid Girls to be the lead out single. She wanted "U + Ur Hand" which is much more rocking than Stupid Girls.

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Sep 2 2006, 05:50 AM)

Ditto!! I have loved her since Pamela Anderson's roast

• Members

Last year in Miami with Diddy was the WORST, I know.

Panic at the disco weren't as good as they are on the CD, and I thought I was not hearing well but he wasn't saying God damn well, and then I thought those words are censored on MTV? Whoa. That's weird.

Here I was expecting Madonna doing a bondage theme with the girls, man I gotta stop believing some of those rumours I read. lol.

• Members

The VMAs are so awful now! There hasn't been a good one since...the late 90s maybe. A lot of it is ruined b/c of the HD-type cameras that they started using a few years back. It make the show look like it's pre-recorded when it's live. That alone kind of makes the whole show look lame. Even "shocking" stuff doesn't look like it's all that shocking b/c of the look and feel of what's on the TV.

The worst one was Miami...when Puff Daddy hosted. WTF was up w/ that?

• Members

The VMAs at its peak was 1997 with Chris Rock. This was just all out suckage. The only performances that were worth watching were Ok Go (yes, I know he was lip synching) and Christina Aguilera.

And WTF is up with Ringtone of the Year????

• Members

This HD filming they do is not good at all. It makes the show look really weird, like you're watching it load on You Tube. Bring back the regular cameras!

As for a host, I didn't see Jack Black in action, but if he was as lame as you all said he was, I believe it. They should get Conan O'Brien or Ellen DeGeneres to host. When Ellen did the VH1 Divas, she was hilarious, especially when she danced and rapped Salt-N-Pepa's "Shoop." :lol:

James Blunt is awful. I can't stand to hear him sing. Weird Al did a funny parody of his song called "Pitiful," but due to legal issues, he couldn't release it on his upcoming album.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Sep 2 2006, 04:50 AM)

The closet thing to a diva we got was Beyonce copying Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation routine. Speaking of Janet, where the hell was she?! She has an album coming out! They really missed the boat on two potentially great perfromances.

Some site had pictures comparing it to Brittany's VMA 2003 performance... with the similar intro, outfits, and dance. It looked similar to me.

I love Sarah Silverman, but I have to wonder if MTV would make her tone herself down for the show.

• Members

I didnt even know there were 6 members in the Pussycat Dolls. I thought it was 1 girl and 4 backups. Anyways, I saw that there was 6 of them but they took way too long with their speech especially for a group no one cared for. They were annoying on stage.

I didnt even bother watching the show live bc of Big Brother but I saw the repeat today and wasnt impressed. I didnt care for any performances nor was I excited about the show. I do have to say I loved the presentation of the graphics and special effects.

I also noticed that Jessica Simpson has gained some weight. It was more apparent bc of what she wore. Speaking of outfits, WTF to Paris Hilton

Archived