New Primetime Soaps

PJA

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To each his own, but I SOOO must disagree with you. DESIRE looks so boring. It's like "girl torn between two guys." No catfights, no catty lines. DESIRE looks like it takes itself way too seriously.

FASHION HOUSE, on the other hand, looks as though it revels in the soap tradition and embraces camp like a long lost cousin. I am really excited about Bo Derek's Maria Zianni character. Every clip I've seen online, she has some of the most fabulous lines!

I wonder if all the telenovelas will have this balancing act: one soap that is very romantic and dramatic, and the other, which happens to be fun and campy.

• Members

Just did some research and I am *not* amused.

On my local cable service, we get 1 WB station and 1 UPN station. Both are shifting over to CW. Kentucky will only have 1 MyNetworkTV station (WMYO, formerly WFTE). We *used* to get WFTE, but apparently we haven't had that station in a few years. This means that I *won't* be seeing anything on MyNetworkTV because it's not on my cable system.

I am NOT AMUSED.

• Members

Dude, that [!@#$%^&*] sucks!

You should call your local cable provider and/or the affiliates if you have time during the day Tuesday to get the full story. I find it pointless that your cable outlet would want to put TWO CW Networks on the cable lineup.

What COULD possibly happen is one of the CW affiliates could be carrying both CW programming AND MyNetworkTV novelas(just airing those after CW programming or during the daytime).

• Members

My local MyNetworkTV affiliate is airing a half-hour teaser of "Desire, a half-hour teaser of "Fashion House" and then an hourlong MyNetworkTV premier party during the 8 to 10 block. So don't wait til Tuesday to catch it.

Matt, the does stink. I'm really surprised by the number of people who are in an area that wouldn't be carrying the programming.

bellcurve, do you know of anywhere where they are airing "Desire" and "Fashion House" in the daytime? I know the Boston FOX affiliate was going to show them at 1-3 in the afternoon if an affiliate wasn't found, but they managed to find one.

• Members

lol. I was just curious cause my computer has been giving me problems lately and I've missed some stuff. Apparently around December MyNetworkTV is gaining a daytime lineup of some sorts revolving around some imported game show so I wasnt sure if I had missed something.

• Members

What would give MyNetworkTV more cred from soap/daytime fans is if they decided to air SANTA BARBARA. It's kind of a long shot, because of how expensive the rights(esp. the musical rights) are, but since New World Television is now owned by NewsCorp(the same company that owns MyNetworkTV), it would be a match made in heaven. It would definitely give growing cablet, SOAPnet, some competition.

Even if it IS game shows, I'm glad they are deiciding to give the network a daytime lineup.

Archived