'Sixth Sense' star charged with DUI

Rhiannon

• Members

Driving while high is just as wrong as driving while drunk.

However, I agree that pot should be legalized, or at least the restrictions against it should be lessened, as long as cigarettes and alcohol are legalized.

First off, smoking a joint is the equivalent of smoking 5 cigarettes, but in some states they do sell "cigarettes" that are almost as bad. I used to smoke cloves (which are legal here), and they are 3x as bad as regular cigs. So smoking 1 pack of cloves a day equals smoking 3 packs of regular cigs. There are people at my school that smoke a pack a day of cigs and then 1/2 pack of cloves, so it's like they're smoking 2 1/2 packs a day. Also, I don't think that people smoke more than 1 (maybe 2) joints of marijuana a day (= 5 to 10 cigarettes). If states can legalize speciality cigarettes as well as cigars, they should legalize marijuana.

Secondly, unlike nicotine, marijuana isn't addictive. People who are "potheads" don't smoke pot b/c of a chemical dependence.

Thirdly, nobody's ever ODed from marijuana. I know some people who smoked some obscene amount of weed before (like 7 bowls), and didn't even get sick. However, people die from alcohol poisoning after drinking too much.

Also, since smoking the pot is what causes most of the health problems, you could always bake it in brownies and other foods.

No matter what, I do think that marijuana should be legalized for medicinal purposes. If I were dying of cancer or AIDS, I'd be smoking it every day. They could throw me in prison for all I care...what does it matter?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG!!!! You are a little over the top. The affects of alcohol are 100 times worse and the crap is legal. Heck, the affects of some over the counter medicines are worse. That one study doesn't make it fact. Pot does more good than bad. It's used for cancer, aids, hiv, and other life threatening sicknesses. As well as anxiety, ADD, & Bi polar paitents. I would understand your logic if he was caught with coke, heroin, meth, or lsd but it was pot. Give him a slap on the wrist for the dui, but as for the pot it's not gonna ruin his career not one bit. Damn where's Woody H. When u need him.

• Members

I dont need studies or facts, I know from e*perience 2 adults in their late 40's have smoked since high school and are just fine. Neither one of them smoke cigs. I just dont see the harm in smokign pot, its the same as smoking cigs.

And driving high doesnt affect driving very much at all. [!@#$%^&*] it makes me more paronoid to drive better...

• Members

I'm for no type of drugs, alcohol and even cigs in this world, except for medical purposes but that's another story. I do think that Hayley's very young, and he's made a mistake and hopefully will learn from it. I actually talked about him a lot lately, and wondered what he was doing, as I found him a great talent.

I'm not an expert on pot. But a friend of mine who is a pothead admits that she has these terrible side effects when she hasn't smoked it for a while, and feels cravings for it and has the shakes and nausia. I have read some studies saying that it can lead to dependance and affect one's health at some point. I don't know, like I said I'm not an expert, just throwing stuff out there. I do think it's not as bad as alcohol though.

• Members

Study of life can only be so accurate. There are many, many variables. There's no black and white. It's hard to overlook experiences you've had in real life when compared to studies, just like I'm more likely to trust a teacher over a text book.

• Members

I have a friend who used to tell me he drove better when he was high, go figure. I just don't like people high or drunk either driving or working. Whatever they want to do at home is their business. That's why I have a hard time to decide if it should be legal, b/c people do use it and some drive and some are stoned at work, and I don't know if more people would use if it was legal. It does affect some people differently though.

• Members

Well, I do think being stoned/drunk at work should be all about company policies and not about federal/state law. I mean, seriously, what company would want their employees stoned or drunk, whether or not it's legal to drink or smoke? It's an ethics question more than anything, there.

• Members

I am not some huge pot smoker, the ONLY time I smoke is at get togethers at a friends house or a party. I am strictly a social drinker and pot smoker.

Those stupid ass studies about driving while stoned is dangerous are BS to me, because some that smoke pot also tend to drink and do other more harmful drugs. I would bet people that just strictly smoke pot while driving would have much different results. I am not e*plaining myself that well and I am not here to say its good to be stoned while driving, but in my e*periences driving high isnt that big of a deal.

Alcohol is legal but its not allowed at work or is not suppose to be drank when someone has to drive, so I think if pot was legalized the same would apply or so I hope.

• Members

I know, as it should not be allowed, but for example at my husband's company where there are many employees who work stoned many don't get caught. Actually some say they work better while being on pot, but many screw up too. They don't control everybody but when some get way out of hand and are really hooked on other drugs as well they get sent to rehab. This is a huge company(will not say the name though, but it's American).

I live in Montreal, and our Olympic stadium was built in the '60s, when certain drugs were very popular. The thing is badly built and has had many problems ever since it was built, and many people believe it was b/c a lots were high on the job.

• Members

Sucks for him!! Lmao. But he's the last person I would've thought had gotten a DUI (sorry, I was expecting Bruce Willis). I can't believe that's considered under the influence in Cali....over here in NY the legal BAC is 0.08. Guess he shouldn't of been drinking anyway. Still it sounds like Cali really busts your balls when it comes to drinking.

Archived