'Grey's' Actors Mad at Creator?

Toups

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTW, look at the preivew for BROTHERS AND SISTERS on the ABC Website. Calista's family is Conservative and she plays a Conservative radio pundit. UIn the previews, she babbles on about the Republican party on her radio show, but says, "I do think our party spends too much time in people's bedrooms." Hehehe. I wonder how that will go over?

It just looks like an intriguing drama. Anything airing after HOUSEWIVES except GREY'S is good in my book. I'll give the show a shot.

• Members

:o

And she calls herself a CONSERVATIVE?!!!

That !@#$%^&*]!!!

I WAS intrigued by this show.

Now I'm wondering if I should give it the time. If it's just liberal writers trying to write a "Conservative family" so Conservatives will watch and be brainwashed by subtle liberal propaganda, I am going to WHIP OUT the placards and head for ABC headquarters!!!!! :angry::angry:

Ugh. I wonder if SUPERCHICK knew about this before lending their hit Christian song to this foul-mouthed skein!! :angry::angry:

• Members

For the record, there are LOTS of Conservatives out there who lean a little left when it comes to gay rights. Hello, ever heard the term, "Log Cabin Republican"? Marc Cherry, Creator of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, is a gay Conservative and proud of it from what I have read. I have lots of Conservative friends who support gay rights. And last time I checked, you DO watch HOUSEWIVES, no? I guess they are pushing the gay agenda too.

• Members

bellcurve, my problem is that the "bedroom" phrase can be HIGHLY ambiguous. Yes, it may mean gay rights ... it may just be a knock at abstinence-only education ... or maybe, just maybe, it means the dreaded interpretation: ABORTION rights. It's not what the character said that bothers me; it's that there are several different meanings and interpretations for what she said. And if ambiguous language like that is an indicator of the subtle liberal agenda-pushing we can expect from a show that may well be a 'wolf in sheep's clothing,' agenda-wise, we are headed for disaster.

As for "Housewives," I've always enjoyed the Conservative bent to that show. I know some people think it's so shocking with the married woman/groundskeeper affairs and such, but if you really look at the setting, the characters, their daily lives...it's a pleasant, Conservative type of show. As for the 'gay' agenda. I guess that's seen, but not moreso than other shows, I'd imagine.

Archived