All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Politics Thread

I actually don't think most of the media is enabling him much anymore; I think they're as terrified of him as we are. I do think a lot of them always disdain too many Democrats. And Bill Maher is just a joke - he always hates Democrats. The media is not trying to draw attention from Trump - most of them know he is a clear and present danger and report on it, many very well. But their repertoire and perspective is very limited by conventional norms, and their very real fear of this new and unthinkable situation is also a huge influencer on their coverage - any time they can try to bring things back to comfortable scenarios like 'both sides do it' or 'just Beltway politics as usual,' many of them do, because the alternative is abject horror at what has been wrought. In a way, trying to find false equivalencies or ways to needle Democrats as well as Trump is the mainstream media's security blanket in the face of Trump. That said: Some of them are doing very good work.
  3. As The World Turns Discussion Thread

What a rare treat this is - and it also has a bit of the infamous Barbara psychic dreams storyline. Jacqueline Schultz may have disliked this story, but she has more pep here than I remember her having a lot of the time as Dee. I hate Steve SO [!@#$%^&*] much. Hate hate hate hate hate. Ugh I don't know how people could sit through this macho posturing in the Dobsons era. It is so unsuited to ATWT, just as it was when disgusting Sheffer belched it out.
  4. Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

RHOA reunion tea is lit! I haven't watched in weeks but will be perched for Kim's dragging. Sounds like Kenya slayed!
  5. Married to Medicine

Greg is trash. I'm over him and Quad the Fraud. I died at "I was out there in the heat in the month of June in the middle of Georgia" Girl gone!
  6. Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

I think Chas will lose the baby (with Paddy going back to Rhona) and Rebecca will leave with the baby after Lachlan is exposed, leading Robert and Aaron to have a baby (probably via Victoria).
  7. Today
  8. The Politics Thread

He will just keep acting like people are out to get him and he's a victim but now he's free. The GOP has enabled this man at every turn and they will keep on doing so. The media isn't far behind. I have to wonder if this is why the "Democrats in disarray" narrative has picked up, with smarmy Bill Maher sounding the drums on his show last night. They know how to draw attention away - they always do.
  9. Your daily (or nightly) thought

Sometimes people want to stay on that level, for contract reasons. Speaking of SNL, a look at SNL in Poland, which looks funnier (aside from the commercial anyway...) than anything on SNL itself in many years. https://www.avclub.com/live-from-warsaw-it-s-saturday-night-a-visit-to-polan-1823643321
  10. E!'s The Royals

Two episodes into Season 4 and it's a marked improvement on Season 3. And we have this to look forward to later in the season, Dame Joan, in full royal drag:
  11. Soap Hoppers

BARBARA RODELL FLAME IN THE WIND/A TIME FOR US Linda Skerba (Driscoll) 1964-65 SEARCH FOR TOMORROW Girl 1966 ANOTHER WORLD Lee Randolph 1967-69 THE SECRET STORM Jill ___ Stevens Claybourne 1969-70 THE GUIDING LIGHT Leslie Jackson Bauer Norris Bauer 1971-73 AS THE WORLD TURNS Joyce ___ Colman Hughes 1973-79; 1980-81 SEARCH FOR TOMORROW Mrs. Weston 1984 LOVING Judge Wallace 1985 ONE LIFE TO LIVE Realtor ???? ALL MY CHILDREN ??? ???
  12. The Politics Thread

He can't fire Mueller - he has to get Sessions or Rosenstein to do that, and Sessions recused himself (much to Trump's rage) and Rosenstein won't do it. He may try to dump Sessions and replace him with Pruitt (who would in turn dump Rosenstein) who is already on staff and therefore, I believe, does not need to be confirmed by Congress. Anyone else would have to be and would not make it through.
  13. The Tennis Thread

Watching Tennis Channel coverage of the match and it's at 3-3 in the 2nd set tiebreaker when the fans start yelling double fault. After that Del Po loses the point and complains about the double fault chants. And at 6-5 with Roger serving...he thinks he's aced him only to lose to a challenge and the crowd goes crazy and Roger still serves and spits out a terrible serve and then he starts yelling at the umpire for not quieting the crowd down to which umpire Murphy says why didn't you wait till they got quiet....LOL.....dumb ass Roger....LOL
  14. Soap Hoppers

BEVERLEE McKINSEY LOVE OF LIFE Analyst 1969 LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING Martha Donnelly/Julie Richards 1970-71 ANOTHER WORLD Emma Frame Ordway 5/1972 Iris Cory Carrington Delaney Bancroft Wheeler 7/1972-80 TEXAS Iris Cory Carrington Delaney Bancroft Wheeler 1980-81 GUIDING LIGHT Baroness Alexandra Spaulding Von Halkein Thorpe 1984-92 GENERAL HOSPITAL Myrna Slaughter 1994-95
  15. The Politics Thread

Obviously! I DEFINITELY envision a scenario where Trump fires not just Mueller, but Rosenstein and even Sessions as well. It's going to be a REAL bloodbath.
  16. The Politics Thread

He has a very warped sense of his own behavior.
  17. The Tennis Thread

There hasn't been any news on Nadal. As for Thiem he is expected to miss 3 to 4 weeks. He hopes to be back by Monte Carlo tourney. If he can't make it he doesn't have too much points to defend at Miami or MC. I think rest will help him out and really give him a shot at the French Open this year and win it all. I am hoping he doesn't drop too much in the rankings with Kevin Anderson around 400 points behind him. But Kevin would have to reach the finals in Miami to surpass him in the rankings and David Goffin has too many points to defend in Miami and MC to pass him too. So I think Thiem is safe at #7 after dropping a spot to Delpo this week.
  18. The Politics Thread

Yeah, good luck with that, Nicolle, lol. If Trump believes he can finally say what he feels, then what in the Samuel Langhorne hell has been spewing from his uneducated mouth since day damn one??
  19. Soap Hoppers

VELEKA GRAY LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING.... Laura Donnelly Elliott 70-71 HOW TO SURVIVE A MARRIAGE ..... Susan Pritchett 1974-75 SOMERSET Victoria Paisley 1975-76 LOVE OF LIFE Mia Osbourne Lowery Marriott 1976-80 AS THE WORLD TURNS Lyla Crawford Montgomery 1980 THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS Dr. Sharon Reeves 1983 (Manicurist) Ruby Collins 1983-84
  20. AMC Tribute Thread

I don't recall what motivation they gave Dimitri for aiding Kendall in her quest, but knowing Megan McTavish's work, I'm sure it was flimsy as hell.
  21. AMC Tribute Thread

The thing I had trouble wrapping my head around during the original Kendall storyline was as to why Dimitri would go along with helping Kendall track down her rapist father, knowing how much it would upset Erica.
  22. Y&R March 2018 Discussion

Watching this week's episodes to be ready for tomorrow and awwww at Victor and Dina.
  23. The Tennis Thread

24. General Hospital March 2018 Discussion

Also wanted to add I think Steve's time as Dylan on Y&R has really helped his performance as Jason this go round. Does Jason know his best friend killed his brother for no reason?
  25. General Hospital March 2018 Discussion

Apparently someone at the WSB was able to get the charges against Andre dropped
  1. Load more activity