All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

RHOD Who's more obnoixous, really? Mark or Cameron? It pains me to even write this, but Mark seems like a guy who doesn't even like his own daughter.
  3. Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

I tend to agree. Mal will just add more plot to the stories but I don't expect any character shifts or fundamental changes to how women are written.
  4. Soap Stars - Where are they now?

Also, Cassie DiMera on DAYS. I think she quit acting after she became a mom. Guys, any news on Kay Bennetts aka Taylor Anne Mountz and Deanna Wright?
  5. Today
  6. Wow, that Hope/Gina storyline really did drag on forever. good work as always!
  7. Another World

Uh, that "Iris" is HORRIBLE imho!
  8. Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

Given the state of the rest of the soaps currently on the air even fairly competent would be acceptable.
  9. Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

It's tough for me to let go of Y&R. I lost ATWT and had actually given up on it in mid-2008 before it was eventually cancelled. I don't want the same thing to happen to Y&R. It's why I'm hanging on, but barely. I record Y&R each day, but basically power through it on FFWD in about 5 to 10 minutes. The only things sort of keeping my interest are Dina and family, Faith and Sharon (but not Sharon's Cagney and Lacey story) and a little bit of Phyllis. I think it has more to do with actors involved more so than the writing. To be honest, I should just probably take it off the recorder and read the recaps like you guys do. Getting tired sums it up nicely.
  10. Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

I don't see much changing under Mal either (I mean, he's still been the EP over Sally). I'm with you that I hope he will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.
  11. DAYS: September 2017 Discussion Thread

Not really bad. I see why he's a figment of Lucas's imagination. But it still doesn't negate him coming back alive. Regular fans will see him as a ghost and then bam .. alive
  12. B&B: September 2017 Discussion Thread

was yesterday preempted or something?
  13. Married to Medicine

I don't know, if you know that Quad is on a new show call Sister Circle on TvOne. It come on at 9am.
  14. how can I save those pictures posts?
  15. The Politics Thread

I don't see much MSM media attention going to Hillary at all, I think they are desperately trying to ignore her right now. Her book signings and the stories of people camping out to be first in line for them, is almost a grass-roots effort that exists despite the obvious discomfort of media to highlight anything she does at this time. Bernie seems to dip in and out of the spotlight. The Universal coverage effort had a moment that has already seemingly receded into the background...for now. There's always a next time. Right now, Trumpists seem to be bracing and doling out recriminations against the Obama administration (or trying to) in preparation for furthering their "witchhunt" story. They seem to be ignoring the fact that Manafort has been under investigation since at least 2014 before he began to manage the Trump campaign. I guess they are determined not to let facts get in the way of a good ole fashion attempt at crafting a story of perceived victimization. This is an interesting video. I admit, it made me feel tense, in some sections but I guess some modest attempts are being made at comity, which is rare these days.
  16. Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

Point! I just don't see Mal changing the 'weak thirsty women' narrative to anything more progressive but I'm open to him surprising me. I hope he will.
  17. Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

There was talk pages ago and over the years about Andy Cohen and a disdain for women - I thought of that again today when I saw this clip where he dismissively refers to Jessica Savitch as a "cokehead" (not that Gumbel or Alexandra Wentworth seem to mind) and he brings her name up mostly just so they can make fun of her. Given that he seems to love being on TV so much I might have thought he'd be more respectful about someone who lived a sad life and died so young and was a pioneer in TV, but clearly not.
  18. Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

Bravo/RH needs the boost. I def hope an October air date is true! Nene reading Porsha for filth AND Kenya telling Wig to go pimp her useless daughter who rumor has it is sleeping with RHOA's new EP? Bring it! I want to see Porsha and Wig brought down for once -- they've always managed to duck responsibility for their actions up until now! OC: Shannon is obsessed with the OG of the show. Obsessed and JEALOUS. Her jealousy is eating her alive, because she is so damn miserable (same with Tamra but she dresses it up better). She actually cannot see that Vicki is probably almost as miserable as her. And so Shannon must control EVERYTHING. That's why she calls Tamra 30 times a day and can't let her have a conversation alone with Vicki and Kelly. That's why David can't stand to be around her suffocating, insecure, exhausting presence. As Lydia pointed out, she was probably jealous that Vicki wanted to talk with Tamra and not with Shannon -- thereby excluding Shannon from being the center of attention and depriving us of some self-righteous histrionics ("I will.... NEVER FORGIVE YOU! YOU ARE EVIL, VICKI!"). When she started telling that bartender about all her problems and he totally ignored her, that summed up everything about Shannon's life. I think this is the episode where viewers will turn on Shannon, the same way viewers turned on Brandi when she shoved Kyle and wouldn't let her talk to Kim at Game Night. It's almost too bad because she is really the only person bringing it this season. Her crazy-mixed-with-narcissism is fascinating to me. Peggy is... such an odd misfit in this group. In a way, her reaction is funny, but I still don't think she should stay another season. Diko pretty much wants to be the HW, not her. I forgot Meghan was even on this show until that random bit with her baby. She is so disinterested in that poor child. Where is Jimmy to burp Aspen and change her diaper?
  19. Love of Life Discussion Thread

Thanks for mentioning that. I had no idea she also popped up on RH. I hope to see those episodes at some point. Am currently around 1350, I believe. In fact, I should get off this and go watch "today's" episode. :-)
  20. Love of Life Discussion Thread

I wish people had interviewed her about her LOL work. I mostly just know her from her brief appearances on Ryan's Hope.
  21. Love of Life Discussion Thread

Yes, that it is Elizabeth. She was one of my professors at The Actors Studio Drama School. In case the articles don't mention, she had a quick battle with cancer. I so wish more of her time on Love of Life was available online. I had seen that video before, and in fact, sent it to her while still at school. She had very fond memories of working on the show, and with Chris.
  22. DAYS: September 2017 Discussion Thread

Very disappointed with the first appearance of Will. A dream is a terrible way for a shocking return.What a lack of creativity! Really is so difficult to create a story full of mystery and emotion?
  23. Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

no. there are articles out as of last night that say they are coming back as early as next month. Even that link says the trailer drops this week. *fingers crossed*
  24. That IS crass. It seems like the show had producer issues in these years (although they had so many producers). I remember reading that Savage left the show on bad terms so I wonder if she was also poorly treated.
  25. Not here for this earthquake shít! Moving West was a mistake!

1. Load more activity