• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies

• Let the mud wrestling begin on Monday!😂
    • How could I have forgotten that Lauren Koslow was on Y&R?? I know I was really young but that's crazy! The first time I remember having seen her was on B&B.   One of these soap podcasts really needs to find Alex Donnelly and ask her about her time on Y&R. I'm intrigued by her chemistry with Terry Lester and wonder what it was like to work with him. Controversial take, but I think that Y&R was much better at organically intermingling their Black characters with the rest of the characters at this time, even with the few Black characters that the canvas had back then, compared to what they would become in future.
    • I think it's an honest mistake and error, but also a stupid one. Just up the amount, make the checks 2K checks and stop assuming you can explain it to death to the American people like too many Dem messengers think they can.     The internal response not just in the Beltway but at Politico was massively and almost uniformly negative, which surprised me since Politico is and always will be founded on Republican values and perception. I will never trust them no matter what good reporting they sometimes do. But the fact is the bulk of the staff were outraged.   And as for the riots, all mainstream reporting in media today is about the sweeping identification and mass arrests and how serious and dangerous these attacks were and could still be. There are zillions of huge long articles about how close these lunatics came to killing Congresspeople or the VP. This is not being laughed off or treated as a joke on television or in print outside of the right. Period.   Meanwhile:      
    • That's simply not true regardless of Shapiro. It's appalling that Politico ran that column as a "both sides" attempt. People living and working in the DC area are terrified.  My cousin lives in Maryland just outside of DC and they are hunkered down for the next week or so. She said everyone in the area is on edge and scared to death. I can't imagine any of the Politico staff that actually works in the area were happy they ran that.
    • The Ben Shapiro column also was met with massive negative response across the Beltway, including inside Politico. I am the first person to distrust the Beltway when taking its temperature. But the presence of apologist voices in isolation or as outliers does not automatically mean "these apologist voices will be listened to by many and will soon overtake and dominate the public discourse." That simply has not happened here with the riots - the mainstream opinion and general public polling remains overwhelmingly negative. It is important not to constantly assume the other side is victorious by virtue of their still existing.