2 topics in this forum

1. Season 2 - 2008

• 0 replies
    • 5.2k views
  2. Season 1 - 2007

• 0 replies
    • 1.9k views

• I thought about him too when I first saw the news. ūüėü
    • He is hot isn't he? His name is Brandon. He's another favorite of mine.
    • SLC ¬† So...season finale next week.¬†
    • I honestly don't know how else to word it. When I look at the definition of interesting here is what is defined within the term:¬† arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention. ¬† The word fits.¬†They aroused more interest in the show then Lumi did at that point in the story (or really ever). This was referenced multiple times in MSN, TV Guide and in Soap Opera Weekly publications¬†back when soap magazines were still a thing, and¬†were still of interest to the viewing community. ¬† Soap interviewers would even interview Bryan Datillo and ask him what he thought about the EJ/Sami pairing¬†generating more fan mail/interest¬†than Lucas/Sami did at that time. Datillo even had to respond to the fact that a lot of fans liked them as a pairing even though he was part of a rival ship. All of this was¬†way back in 2007, 5-6 years¬†before EJ and Sami even got together. ¬† Listen, I don't really care if people like EJ and Sami, that's not the point I am trying to make. I am simply saying if you loved them or hated them, they generated a level of interest not seen by any of her pairings since the turn of the century. I don't care if you prefer Lumi or Ejami - that's not the conversation I am even remotely interested in having. You preferring one ship over the other - is an opinion. But there are things that are measurable and you can determine based on quantifiable facts. If your barometer is fan sites, tweets, fan mail, music videos, YouTube screen clip views, publication space on magazines, or even mainstream media attention like having 5 minutes dedicated to them on the Colbert show, or whatever else¬†floats your boat the answer is pretty definitive and clear. At the end of the day EJ/Sami generated all of that on their own, and it made the pairing notable and standout amongst all her other pairings. That's not something her other pairings replicated. That's objectively a fact. It doesn't bother me if other posters like Lumi more, because that's not what's being talked about. You can hate a pairing and still acknowledge that they had a huge impact on the show and beyond. I just did a few posts back with Phick.¬†¬† ¬† ¬† You are mixing quality and personal preference with interest, which is not my point. You are looking for a value statement, which is antithetical to what I am talking about.¬†I am not trying to define if someone is "better" or not. I am trying to gauge¬†interest, engagement¬†and fascination and measure that within context.¬† ¬† The bolded definitely does speak to their impact. It's a direct and quantifiable number of what people are willing to engage with and find interesting.¬†You can bet any intellectual property and television series will want to capture what is causing a reaction for¬†their viewers and that they will want to understand fans relationship to the material that they are writing and producing. Television series want to trend, they want the news publication publicity and they want awareness of their shows. Writers would rather you hate or love something, then feel ambivalent about it.¬†
    • Well, I don't know him, but he suuuure is purty. ūüėú¬† ¬†