• This is real?    I loved Kevin, he's one of my favorite BB people, but I don't know if I can watch the show anymore after the years of racism and bullying. I'm surprised to see Bayleigh back for that reason. 
    • Big Brother can’t be stopped by COVID and as expected it’s an All Stars season.    
    • It was bad enough when he did. I remember that run vividly. I was extremely excited about it, and then increasingly disappointed. It was very creative and also often very bad. It resembled DOOL (which at the time was written by James Reilly). I remember @EricMontreal22 and I regularly marveling at the insane pretentious excess and fantasy episode crap over the years. But you can't say they were bored or phoning it in, that's for sure. It's surreal to go back and watch - there's ridiculous stuff they did, like the Rear Window subplot with Michael, Marcie and Dorian, or the Matrix twins at Roxy's hotel, that I can't stop recalling - and there are certain aspects of it or characters held the test of time, or lasted long. I find his apparently equally messy AW run also a fascinating morbid watch. I think Malone would've been a boon to any OLTL as a consultant, and still had a lot to offer in a controlled position but he couldn't be allowed to HW again.   Two idle thoughts of the night.   1) I've thought this for a long time, but there are striking similarities between Martha Byrne and Kristen Alderson, not just physically as adolescents and young women but in background as child actors who grew up on their shows. The difference is Byrne was given some of the best writing daytime ever offered, while Alderson generally got total crap as a young adult. Watching '80s ATWT you watch Lily grow from a spoiled poor little rich girl prone to constant rages and tantrums into a woman, you can see a lot of what Starr could've been with better, more nuanced handling than the teen queen they turned her into. Yes, Marland's ATWT often treated Lily like she hung the moon, but she was still far more dimensional and nuanced than the teenaged Starr.   2) I would've loved to have seen what Pam Long could've done at OLTL without Jill Farren Phelps. I have no idea what if anything she was responsible for dreaming up alone in '98. I've always respected her GL run, and how textured and deeply personal it was to her, and have watched too little of it, only large bits and pieces over the years. I also always respected how she embraced bringing Roger and Holly back, when IIRC it was not her idea. I don't know where to start to dig in to her backlog though.
    • You'd think they would play to Chandler's smirking by making Will a devious smartass. Like, give the smirking some context.
    • I think in this case it is more important as they have a huge chance of becoming VP, but I also feel there is a media narrative to try to drag Biden down (they are doing the same over debates). I do think it's getting close to time, but on the other hand, I'm glad they waited because with the pushback against both Kamala Harris and Susan Rice, Karen Bass may have been the choice a few weeks ago. If he had, then the announcement would have been completely overshadowed and ruined by the stories coming out about Cuba, communists, $cientology, etc. 

mySON TV™

Sign in to follow this  
Tag: A forum dedicated to blog and fan fiction writers.

870 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies