• Not to mention, that COVID-19 has really begun to hit those areas very hard (S. Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas and even some parts of Nebraska). I wonder whether there will be a higher regard for science going forward. Some farms have begun to employ science and technology to help their farms run but those seem to be comprised of younger, mostly college-educated farmers.
    • The keeping it up is the thing. An ok week is fine, and the Abbott-focused episode on Monday was strong, but we’ve all been soap viewers long enough to know how fleeting these sparks can be. B&B had an “ok” week recently, and that went to sh!t. Hell, some people praised the hell out of JG’s early material in his current tenure, and we see where things have landed. There are a lot of fundamental issues with the show that need to be addressed. I get that they were under the gun to deal with ongoing ratings concerns, which may have contributed to the Quad infidelity story peaking so quickly to a well-acted yet less-than-satisfying reveal. (The show really hasn’t gotten me that invested in seeing what happens to Elena and Nate after all of this. Devon and Amanda, maybe somewhat, given the Devon/Hilary history.) But will they fix their pacing problems overall? Problems with character development? Those issues take longer to figure out, and perhaps there were encouraging signs this week. But I don’t fault viewers for being skeptical and a bit impatient.
    • May as well given Thiem a bye.
    • I'm starting to watch these post-covid episodes and for the DAYS budget, I'm sort of impressed - I noticed that they're trying to play with shadows a lot more and camera angles and not pushing dolls on actors. It's sad that we have such a low standard but there it is.   Correction: I was initially impressed and then it just got lazy and weird. Oh WELL.

Sign in to follow this  

12 topics in this forum

1. April

• 0 replies
  2. August

• 0 replies
  3. December

• 0 replies
  4. February

• 0 replies
  5. January

• 0 replies