• 0 replies
  8. 1962

• 0 replies
  9. 1966

• 0 replies
  10. 1981

• 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  

• This reunion...   They ALL went in. I'm ranking this episode up there in top 5 housewife reunion moments. From Karen throwing shots at Gizelle/Robyn/Ashley to Ashley v. Candiace--this reunion gave me everything I needed. I think this MIGHT be the first time that we have a reunion that is good in all 3 parts. 
    • I set my DVR for this earlier and absolutely started thinking of how nice it would be to have a similar documentary for soaps. At this point, I want to hear from any and everyone who was around from the genre's inception until the 1980s. I'd be most interested in hearing more about the earliest days of radio soaps, when/how they became what we know them as (like, when did they become associated with grandmothers, when did fans begin to obsess over characters and couples, etc), and what day-to-day life as a soap star was like when they were huge in the 60s and 70s. Thankfully, we have so many of those articles posted here to get a glimpse of the latter, but I highly doubt there are any people left who could speak about the glory days of radio soaps. Honestly, even if I learned nothing new from it, I'd just appreciate the fact that our shows got that kind of treatment. At the very least, I'd want them to make it a point to showcase clips from shows that we have no or next to no video footage of like Young Dr. Malone, From These Roots, Our Five Daughters, Where the Heart Is, Hidden Faces, and Return to Peyton Place.
    • Anyone curious to see David Hasselhoff and Lynn Topping together can find them on Amazon Prime Streaming... she guest-starred on Knight Rider, Season 1, Episode 18 "Chariot of Gold" which aired 2/25/1983 - filmed about 6 months after they both finished on YR. That was nice of David to arrange Lynn's guest spot.   I downloaded the ep for $2 but couldn't make it through the whole thing - not my style  Lynn's scenes are around 16:00, 19:30 and 38:30. She looks stunning.