• Now that you've mentioned it, I don't recall seeing such an establishment on RH -- which is odd, because RH was set in NYC, and discos were fairly common in NYC at that time.  But, on the other hand, maybe Labine & Mayer avoided it on purpose, because it seemed like every other soap on the air was trying to incorporate disco (and failing).     Yes, Kelli Maroney was VERY green on RH and needed a ton of guidance.  However, she also breathed some life into a show that was beginning to get stale with all the Ryan/Coleridge/Reid hookups.  I'm sorry she didn't stay on RH for very long, as she probably might've developed into a good, if not great, actress.  Then again, if she had stayed, there probably wouldn't have been a Maggie Shelby, as I found her and Kimberly to be very similar.
    • Nothing new said here, but watching these classic episodes (or should I say vintage as ‘classic’ possibly shouldn’t be applied as a broad stroke with some of the choices), serves as a depressing reminder what we probably have to look forward to when everything is up and running down the line.   I saw a suggestion that perhaps the series should be run in order from a point in 1998. Sign me up for that. Hardly any of it has dated badly in terms of language or subject matter, that I can recall, and we’d have the benefit of the older sets, Bell/Alden writing and superior production. It would be a riot if it build up a steady following, given that it would effectively serve as a first run for some of the few younger viewers the show has today.
    • Okay, I just got a chance to see the Cooper reunion and it was fun (I wished Justin's mic's volume was up higher), the conversation moved at a good clip and it seemed like everyone said what they wanted to say.  I did miss Jean Carol's presence though. It was nice to hear that Melina and Frank still keep in touch, their story didn't always service their characters but they had genuine onscreen chemistry.  
    • I think it's okay and important to have problematic characters on soap operas as long as they're not being touted as heroes and the topics are addressed/handled in a responsible manner.    Passions did tend to address very tense topics with humor and sometimes it worked and other times it failed miserably. 

FOX | FX | Hulu

146 topics in this forum

1. Glee: Discusion Thread 1 2 3 4 38

• 556 replies
    • 3,520 replies
    • 78 replies
    • 11 replies
  2. The Masked Singer

• 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 13 replies