Secrets & Lies: Episode 60-63
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Written by: Ryan Chandler & Venus Stone
Produced by: Ryan Chandler
- Dillon comes into Kelly's and notices Lucas sitting at a table by himself. It takes everything he can muster not to let his feelings show on his face. After his heated argument with Maxie, he wanted to make sure that he can keep the feelings he's harboring in check. Carefully approaching the table, he sits down across from Lucas.
"Hey, how's it going Lucas? I haven't seen you in a couple of days. Is everything alright?"
Looking up at Dillon, Lucas smiles weakly, unsure of how to explain his conversation with Bobbie. "Yeah, I've had a lot of things going on, how have you been?"
"Okay, nothing really to brag about. Still dealing with my family, but what else is new, right?” he said, feeling nervous every time he looked into Lucas' eyes. Why am I feeling this way, he asked himself. Why was it so hard for me to just sit across from someone and simply talk to them?
Taking a sip of his soda, Lucas leaned in closer to Dillon, making sure what he discussed was not overheard. "Can I tell you something? Maybe if I said what I was feeling out in the open, it would help me understand what took place."
Dillon felt his temperature rise at the idea of Lucas opening confiding in him.
- Liz is locking the door to her apartment when she feels someone behind her. She turns around expecting the worse but it’s Jason.
“Jeeze Jason. You scared me.”
“Sorry. You on your way to work?”
“Yeah. I asked Bobbie if I could pick up a few extra shifts. Cameron wants this new toy but I can’t get it for him if I don’t pick up this extra work.” Jason begins talking to her, but Elizabeth tunes him out. She stares at his body, dreaming about taking off his clothes right here and now. She snaps back to reality and asks why he came to see her.
“Well…..I was hoping you’d have time to hang out with an old friend this week.” Jason admires her body. Even in her scrubs she looks beautiful.
“What did you have in mind Jason?”
“You remember Luke’s old club right?” says Jason as he walks Elizabeth to her car.
“Yeah, last time I checked Claude was running it.”
“Luke sold the club last year to some private investors and they renovated the place. It’s called Evolution now. They’re opening this week and Brian McKnight will be performing.”
After throwing her purse in the car, she does a double take. “Oh my god, did you say Brian McKnight? I love him! I’d love to go.”
“Really?” says Jason happily. “Great. I’ll pick you up around 9. It’s a date.”
Jason gives Elizabeth a hug then walks to his car.
“Yeah, it’s a date,” sighs Liz thinking of Lucky. She realizes that she can’t wait for Lucky to forgive her forever. Besides, she and Jason are friends. There’s nothing wrong with hanging out with your friends.”
- Back at Bobbie's house, Bobbie is gathering up her coat to leave to head out to do some errands. Just as she's about to walk to the door, her doorbell rings. Opening the door, she is face-to-face with Noah.
"What are you doing here?” she asks, stepping aside to let him come in. "I thought you had a shift at the hospital today."
Removing his coat, Noah, made his way to the couch. "Actually, I ended my shift early. I figured I would pay you a visit to see how you are doing."
Tossing her coat on the chair, she sat across from him. "Well, I was going to head out for a bit, take care of a few errands, and pick up some things to make one of Lucas' favorite meals."
Noah could see the smile form on Bobbie's lips, and became curious as to what may have transpired between mother and son. "So, are you going to tell me about it, or do I have to play guessing games with you?"
Bobbie replayed the intense conversation between her and Lucas in her mind. She truly felt that she made progress in talking with her son about how he truly felt; how she felt. Looking up at Noah, she told him about the conversation between her and her son.
Once Bobbie had finished talking, Noah sat quietly, processing everything that she shared with him. "Bobbie, I think that it is wonderful that you and Lucas sat down and talked out your feelings, really I do...."
"I feel a 'but' coming on. Noah, what are you going to say to me that could possibly ruin my happiness that I am feeling?" Bobbie was not at all ready to hear any negative words from her close friend.
"Bobbie, as I said, I think it's wonderful that the two of you talked, but I want you to be careful. This was one serious conversation; this conversation does not solve all your problems that you still may be harboring about Lucas' sexuality. You need to truly ask yourself if you can truly come to accept your son for who he is or if you are truly trying to pacify what fears you may still have."
Bobbie sat in silence, wondering if everything she said was from the heart, or if she would wind up doing something to push Lucas away once again.
- Carly storms into Wyndemere in a bad mood. Nikolas is so caught up in his own drama that he didn’t even notice her come in. Carly gets Nik’s attention after a couple of minutes. He apologizes for not noticing her. Carly begins telling Nikolas about her conversation with Sonny, but again, Nikolas is thinking about what happened at Lucky’s. In a surprising move, Carly drops what is bothering her and genuinely asks what has Nikolas so disturbed. Though he’s tempted to tell her, he does not. Carly has a big mouth and knowing her, she’d run tell Jason. Nikolas instead asks if Carly would like to go to dinner to celebrate her latest success. She accepts his invitation and gives him a hug.
- Back at Kelly's, Dillon sat listening in awe over what Lucas was sharing with him. To be honest, he couldn't help but be secretly thrilled that Lucas was talking to him about what happened between him and his mother.
"It surprised me that my mother, my own mother actually listened to how I felt; listened to what I needed to tell her for so long," Lucas said, shaking Dillon from his private thoughts of him.
Clearing his throat, Dillon smiled back at him. "I think that's great man, I mean, it's a step in the right direction, right?"
"I guess so, but Dillon, I worry that everything I shared will be for nothing; that the minute something goes wrong between her and I, she will begin to blame me again for who I am."
Shaking his head, Dillon tried to stop Lucas from dwelling on the bad. "Lucas, just take it one day at a time. Don't expect that one conversation has completely changed everything; you two have a long way to go."
Standing up, Lucas pushed his chair towards the table. Dillon followed suit. "Man, thanks for listening to me. I really needed to talk to someone; to get everything off my chest, you know what I mean?
Dillon nodded in agreement. Without thinking about what he was doing, he embraced Lucas in a hug; a hug to which a newly arrived Maxie became witness to.
On the next GH: Secrets & Lies-
- Lulu helps Carly get ready for her date with Nikolas
- Kevin tells Mac about his new love
- Monica is disturbed when she receives a package
- David meets Tracy Quartermaine for the first time at the MetroCourt