The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Members

Big news here today, Wendy Richards who plays the battleaxe Pauline Fowler in EastEnders is leaving the soap. After 22years of playing Pauline the curtain will finally call. Once she leave it will only one character - Ian Beale, played by Adam Woodyatt as the only original cast member from when EastEnders launched in 1985

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5165860.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5166062.stm

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eastenders runs on satellite in the U.S. on Dish Network. But it's pay per view.

Some PBS stations run it a few years behind. But since BBC Worldwide charges a fortune a lot of PBS stations don't carry it.

Neighbours has had a couple of short test runs in the U.S. but didn't get picked up. I wish it had lasted longer. Same for Home & Away- the FX channel ran it a few weeks when they first came on the air but dropped it quickly.

Coronation Street used to run on satellite from Canada but when CBC's signal went digital they started scrambling it for all US satellite owners. They said the copyrights wouldn't allow anyone in the US to watch some of their other shows.

• Members

I asked if you were from the UK, as i am myself lol...

Original End Credits :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXOHqYehn-c

1993 End Credits (The one everyone hated) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXOHqYehn-c

Julias Theme, this is the EastEnders lol, usually played at a sad moment at the end, without the duh.duh.duh ect

http://www.asahicks.fsnet.co.uk/eastenders...ias%20Theme.zip

• Members

Wow! I love hearing about all the foreign soaps!

I wish I had the time to download torrents to watch them ... and when the Oxygen channel aired Neighbors back in 2003 (they started with the 1999/2000 episodes), I loved it, but it didn't last long. They quickly bumped it to like 1am for a few months after it started and then dumped it.

• Members

In Germany a new daily soap will be launched in September 2006 on RTL - this is the network's third soap besides GZSZ and UU. The working title is "Alles was zählt" ("Everything that counts") and it is supposed to air at 7 pm so the whole evening schedule will be changed. The magazine "Explosiv" which has aired at 7 pm for more than ten years will move to 6 pm, followed by "Exclusiv" at 6:30 and "RTL Aktuell" at 6:45. "Einsatz in 4 Wänden" will move from 5 pm to its former timeslot at 11 am and will be replaced by "Unser neues Zuhause". In some federal states "Explosiv" will disappear entirely since local programming is broadcasted between 6 and 6:30 pm.

"Alles was zählt" will air against the popular telenovela "Verliebt in Berlin" on Sat1 which has been renewed for another year. Tanja Szewczenko (ex-Kati Ritter, UU) will play one of the lead characters of the new soap opera, while Tim Sander (ex-Kai Scholl, GZSZ) will replace Alexandra Neldel as the main character on ViB.

---

Today VL has updated its opening. Claudia Hiersche (Carla) has now taken over the first spot which was previously occupied by Yvonne Burbach (ex-Cécile) from 2003 to 2006. Cécile was killed off this past January. Other characters received new shots and Sina-Valeska Jung (Sarah) has been added. Actually this update doesn't make much sense since Nina Juraga (Max), Inez Björg David (Vanessa) and Stefan Kirch (Felix) depart the show next month and even more cast changes will occur as Herbert Ulrich (Lars; 2002-2005) and Verena Zimmermann (Nico; 2002-2006) will return, and Tabea Heynig will join the cast in the new contract role of Anne Cox.

• Members

Its a big week in Emmerdale, and on Thursday its the moment every Emmerdale fan has been waiting for

The day of the King’s show home opening arrives and the event really goes with a bang – but not in the way the squabbling family were hoping for!

Disaster strikes when Noreen, who's poking her nose around the house, pulls open the airing cupboard and a massive blast rips through the house!

As the ceiling comes crashing down Diane, Dawn and Danny desperately try and escape! Can they make it?

Upstairs, Sadie is stuck with Jimmy (of all people!) in the bathroom. Frantic, she tries to yank open the door and seconds later a water tank crashes down on them!

1152192730229_0.6604447503148354.jpg

• Members

Although I live in The Netherlands I don't watch the Dutch soaps they're so bad they're almost comedies the few times I did watch I was in stiches you could see the microphones,people in the back carrying wires and a few times there has been a glimpse of someone holding up a board with the lines you might think that was only in the beginning but it still happens these days. :lol:

For me EastEnders is the best soap around especially since it has improved so much since New Year.I was exited with the news that Ruby has been axed but it's so sad that Wendy Richard is leaving she's one of my favourite characters ever her departure will be a big loss :(

Archived