2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have the DAYS writers had an office on set in the past?

The reason I ask is that I have read articles in the past that ATWT has a writer's office or did have one under Sheffer.It was a popular place to be or so it was quoted in some articles.I have read that it was a loud boistorous full of laughter place when Sheffer was there.

Maybe Sheffer is establishing one on the DAYS set now.

• Members

I don't know if they did, but JER is based on the East Coast so I'm guessing not. Maybe Renee Godelia just collated everything while all the writing was done elsewhere? Just speculating...

I do remember an interview with Peter Brash from 2002 where he said he was based in New York and Paula Cwikly was based on a ranch in California and they spoke by phone and teleconferencing - rarely meeting in person. If Sheffer sets up an office, I wonder if he would force his writers to relocate to LA. Is Sheffer relocating to LA?

If I was headwriter :rolleyes: , I would want the entire writing staff on site. I think if the writing team actually worked as a team and workshoped the stories together, they would all be "feeling" the story and in tune with each other leading to tighter stories with less inconsistencies regarding character behaviour and historical facts from a macro veiwpoint and scripts would flow easier from day to day. JMO :P

Here's an interesting link about Isidingo, the South African soap - towards the bottom of the article they explain how they conduct the writing process, and describe the qualities of writers and scriptwriters. Bear in mind, the article is about 5 years old, so anything could have changed since then...

http://www.saswa.org.za/archive/news_richard.htm

• Administrator

A few changes at GL:

- Rebecca Hanover listed as full time associate head writer on June 23

- Kimberly Hamilton last listed as associate head writer on July 20

- Mike Cohen last listed as script writer on July 20

- Kimberly Hamilton first listed as script writer on July 21

Archived