2006 Fall Upfronts

DaysnPassionsFan

• Members

The upfronts are days away! I always get excited around this time :D

So, why don't we make some predictions about which series will stay, which will go, which will arrive, and where they'll all end up on the schedule.

NBC has confirmed the pick-ups of "Friday Night Lights," "Heroes," "Studio 60...," "20 Good Years," "The Singles Table," "Raines," "Kidnapped," and "The Black Donnellys"

SUNDAY

7:00ET FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA

8:00ET NBC SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

MONDAY

8:00 HEROES

9:00 Law & Order: Criminal Intent

10:00 Medium

TUESDAY

8:00 THE SINGLES TABLE

8:30 Teachers

9:00 THE BLACK DONNELLYS

10:00 Law & Order: SVU

WEDNESDAY

8:00 The Apprentice 6

9:00 KIDNAPPED

10:00 Law & Order

THURSDAY

8:00 Scrubs

8:30 20 GOOD YEARS

9:00 My Name is Earl

9:30 The Office

10:00 STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP

FRIDAY

8:00 FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

9:00 Las Vegas

10:00 RAINES or ER

SATURDAY

8:00 Deal or No Deal/Reruns

MIDSEASON: Crossing Jordan, Untitled Tina Fey Project, Raines

ABC has officially picked-up dramas "Brothers & Sisters," "Day Break," "Men in Trees," "The Nine," "Six Degrees," "Traveler," and "Ugly Betty" as well as comedies "Help Me Help You," "In Case of Emergency," and "Notes from the Underbelly." Looking at their schedule, they actually have a lot of holes. Three hits can't carry a network :mellow:

SUNDAY

7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos

8:00 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

9:00 Desperate Housewives

10:00 BROTHERS & SISTERS

MONDAY

8:00 UGLY BETTY

9:00 Grey's Anatomy

10:00 MEN IN TREES

TUESDAY

8:00 George Lopez

8:30 IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

9:00 According to Jim

9:30 HELP ME HELP YOU

10:00 Boston Legal

WEDNESDAY

8:00 Freddie

8:30 NOTES FROM THE UNDERBELLY

9:00 Lost

10:00 THE NINE

THURSDAY :o

8:00 SIX DEGREES

9:00 DAY BREAK

10:00 TRAVELER

FRIDAY

8:00 Wife Swap

9:00 Supernanny

10:00 20/20

SATURDAY

8:00 Movies

No news on CBS pick-ups, except for "The Class" and the midseason "Creature Comforts" from the creators of "Wallace & Gromit"

SUNDAY

7:00 60 Minutes

8:00 Cold Case

9:00 CBS Sunday Movie/NEW DRAMAS?

MONDAY

8:00 How I Met Your Mother

8:30 THE CLASS

9:00 Two and a Half Men

9:30 The New Adventures of Old Christine

10:00 CSI: Miami

TUESDAY

8:00 NCIS

9:00 The Amazing Race 10

10:00 The Unit

WEDNESDAY

8:00 NEW DRAMA

9:00 Criminal Minds

10:00 CSI: NY

THURSDAY

8:00 Survivor

9:00 CSI

10:00 Without a Trace

FRIDAY

8:00 Ghost Whisperer

9:00 NEW DRAMA

10:00 Numb3rs

SATURDAY

8:00 Crimetime Saturday

10:00 48 Hours Mystery

Fox has announced the pick-ups of dramas "American Crime," "Primary," and "Vanished" as well as comedy "Til Death."

SUNDAY

7:00 NFL Overrun/King of the Hill

8:00 The Simpsons

8:30 NEW COMEDY or War at Home

9:00 Family Guy

9:30 TIL DEATH

MONDAY

8:00 Prison Break

9:00 AMERICAN CRIME

TUESDAY

8:00 VANISHED

9:00 House

WEDNESDAY

8:00 Bones

9:00 PRIMARY

THURSDAY

8:00 NEW DRAMA

9:00 The O.C.

FRIDAY

8:00 NEW DRAMAS

SATURDAY

8:00 Cops

9:00 America's Most Wanted

THE CW has not announced any pick-ups yet, so we may see more WB and UPN refugees than originally planned.

SUNDAY

7:00 America's Next Top Model/Beauty and the Geek

8:00 ULTRA

9:00 Supernatural

MONDAY

8:00 7th Heaven

9:00 Everwood

TUESDAY

8:00 Gilmore Girls

9:00 Veronica Mars

WEDNESDAY

8:00 Everybody Hates Chris

8:30 NEW COMEDY

9:00 Girlfriends

9:30 Half & Half

THURSDAY

8:00 Smallville

9:00 AQUAMAN/MERCY REEF (hopefully)

FRIDAY

8:00 WWE Smackdown

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Teachers is gone.

I hope NBC puts "Studio 60....." on Monday at 10pm or Thursday at 10pm. I cannot wait for this show!!

NBC has a lot of good shows (on paper) especially the dramas: "Friday Night Lights," "Heroes," "Studio 60...," "Kidnapped," and "The Black Donnellys."

For ABC, I'm looking forward to "Brothers & Sisters," and "Six Degrees."

• Members

Don't forget Dancing with the Stars 3 is almost a sure bet to be on the ABC fall lineup. Rumor has it that it will air Wednesday's in Lost's time slot until Lost premieres in November, to avoid a huge overload of repeats. Invasion was also officially cancelled (rumor has it that it could go to the CW) and George Lopez and According to Jim were officially renewed.

I can't even begin to guess the schedules. And there is a rumored NBC schedule going around that DOESN'T have The Apprentice 6 on it.

Fox officially renewed The OC and picked up The Wedding Planner.

ABC Pilots Picked Up:

Men in Trees (Warner Bros): Producers include Cathy Konrad, Jenny Bicks and James Mangold. Written by Bicks. Directed by Mangold. Casting includes Anne Heche, Derek Richardson and Emily Bergl. Log: Female shrink's moves to Alaska after husband cheats on her and is pursued by lotsa men.

Ugly Betty (Touchstone/Reveille/Ventanarosa): Producers include Salma Hayek and Ben Silverman. Directed by Richard Shepard. Casting includes America Ferrera, Vanessa L. Williams, Alan Dale, Tony Plana. Log: Popular Spanish-language telenovela about young Latina woman who works at a fashion magazine.

Brothers & Sisters (Touchstone): Producers include Jon Robin Baitz and Ken Olin. Written by Baitz. Directed by Olin. Casting includes Calista Flockhart, Rachel Griffiths, Ron Rifkin, Dave Annable, Balthazar Getty. Log: family drama about adult siblings.

Traveler (Warner Bros): Producers include Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen. Written by David DiGilio. Directed by David Nutter. Casting includes Matt Bomer, Logan Marshall-Green and Aaron Stanford, Steven Culp, Viola Davis. Log: Thriller about Ivy League grad students framed for terrorism.

A Day in the Life (Sony): From Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa. Casting includes Josh Cooke and Marla Sokoloff. Log: Young couple's wedding day from different points of view.

Untitled Burnett/Beckerman (Touchstone): From Rob Burnett and Jon Beckerman. Casting includes Mick Jagger and Donal Logue. Log: Group of NY blue-collar guys who conspire to rob a rock star.

Six Degrees (Touchstone): From J.J. Abrams. Producers Abrams, Stu Zicherman, Raven Metzner, Thom Sherman, Bryan Burk, Jim Parriot. Log: Group of New York City strangers whose lives become intertwined.

The Nine (Warner Bros.): From Hank Steinberg. Producers Steinberg, K.J. Steinberg and Alex Graves. Cast includes Scott Wolf. Log: Nine strangers get caught in the middle of a hostage crisis following a bank robbery gone bad.

Daybreak (Touchstone): Producers Paul Zbyszewski, Matt Gross and Jeff Bell. Cast includes Taye Diggs. Log: L.A. cop wrongfully accused of murder tries to figure out who framed him and races to stop another.

Help Me Help You (Regency): Producers Jennifer Konner and Alexandra Rushfield. Cast includes Ted Danson and Leslie Hope. Log: Genius psychologist has his life unravel in front of his patients.

In Case of Emergency (Touchstone): Producers Howard Morris, Emile Levisetti and Jon Favreau. Cast includes David Arquette. Log: Group of friends whose lives didn't turn out as planned.

Notes From the Underbelly (Warner Bros./Tannenbaum): Producers Stacy Traub, Eric and Kim Tannenbaum. Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld. Log: Based on the book by the same name, life through the eyes of expectant parents.

+ late-in-the-season newcomer What About Brian? renewed.

NBC

Wants Tina Fey show pending Alex Baldwin deal.

Twenty Good Years (Warner Bros./Werner-Gold-Miller): Producers Michael Leeson, Tom Werner, Eric Gold, Johnny Miller and Mike Clements. Cast includes John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor. Log: Middle-aged men decide to live life to the fullest.

The Singles Table (20th TV): From Mike Schiff and Bill Martin. Cast includes Rhea Seehorn and Conor Dubin. Log: Five strangers become friends after forced to sit together at a mutual friend's wedding.

Heroes (NBC/NUTS): From Tim Kring. Cast includes Milo Ventimiglia, Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar. Log: Examines what happens when ordinary people find out they have superpowers.

Friday Night Lights (Imagine/Film 44): From Peter Berg. Producers: Berg, Jason Katims, Sarah Aubrey, John Cameron, Brian Grazer, David Nevins. Log: Based on the feature film of the same name, drama about a small town high school football team and the residents who are inordinately invested in it.

Raines (NBC/NUTS): From Graham Yost. Directed by Frank Darabont. Cast includes Jeff Goldblum. Log: A gifted, unorthodox detective gets help solving cases by communicating with dead victims.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (Warner Bros.): From Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme. Casting includes Matthew Perry, Amanda Peet, D.L. Hughley. Log: Behind-the-scenes of a fiction sketch comedy show.

The Black Donnellys (NUTS): From Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco. Casting includes Jonathan Tucker and Olivia Wilde. Log: Irish family drama with mob problems.

Kidnapped (Sony): From David Greenwalt and Jason Smilovic. Directed by Michael Dinner. Producers: Greenwalt, Smilovic, Dinner, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly. casting includes Jeremy Sisto and Dana Delaney. Log: Kidnapping expert works outside the legal system.

FOX

Wedding Album (Fox): Producers include Andy Tennant, Wink Mordaunt, Robert Greenblatt and David Janollari. Written by Tennant and Mordaunt. Directed by Tennant. Casting includes Bruno Campos, Tara Summers, Connie Stevens and Ashlie Atkinson. Log: About a hotshot NY wedding photographer and his assistant.

Happy Hour (Warner Bros./Werner-Gold-Miller): Producers Jackie Filgo, Jeff Filgo, Eric Gold, Jimmy Miller, Tom Werner. Cast includes John Sloan and Lex Medlin and Beth Lacke. Log: Odd couple buddy comedy about two roommates' love lives.

'Til Death (Sony): From Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa. Directed by Jim Burrows. Casting includes Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher. Log: Long-married couple with newlywed neighbors.

American Crime (Warner Bros./Bruckheimer): Producers: Bruckheimer, Jonathan Shapiro, Jonathan Littman. Casting includes Victor Garber. Log: Female prosecutor juggles suburban crime with motherhood.

Primary (20th): Producers: Craig Silverstein, Tim Story, Craig Silverstein. Casting includes Ron Livingston and Rosemarie DeWitt. Log: Married hostage negotiators.

Vanished (20th): From Josh Berman. Produced by Berman, Mimi Leder and Paul Redford. Casting includes Gale Harold and Rebecca Gayheart. Log: Conspiracy surrounding a senator's wife who's missing.

The CW

No pilot pickups announced. Rumor that Seventh Heaven renewed. Chances better for renewals of One Tree Hill and Everwood. Already locked in are America's Next Top Model, Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Veronica Mars, Supernatural, Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends, Friday Night Smackdown! Reba cancelled.

The CW are idiots for cancelling Reba. IDIOTS! I'm SO pissed about that! Dumbasses...

CBS

No OFFICIAL pickups yet ...

The Class: "Will be on."

Shark: "Very very strong."

Jericho: "Very very strong."

3 lbs: "Definitely alive."

Inseparable: "Definitely in the mix."

Company Town: "Doesn't look good."

Untitled Tom Hertz Comedy: "Not happening now, maybe down the road."

Untitled Paul Reiser Comedy: "They liked, but not happening."

Sex, Power, Love and Politics: "Not happening."

Orpheus: "Dead."

• Members

Here's my guess for CBS:

Monday

8:00 How I Met Your Mother

8:30 New Adventures Old Christine

9:00 Two and a Half Men

9:30 New sitcom (The Class?)

10:00 CSI: Miami

Tuesday

8:00 NCIS

9:00 The Unit

10:00 Criminal Minds

Wednesday

8:00 The Amazing Race

9:00 One of the Monday sitcoms (King of Queens---possibly mid-season, Out of Practice?)

9:30 New sitcom (The Big Bang Theory?)

10:00 CSI: NY

Thursday

8:00 Survivor

9:00 CSI

10:00 New drama (Capital Law?)

Friday

8:00 Ghost Whisperer

9:00 New Drama (Jericho? Shark?)

10:00 Numb3rs

Saturday

8:00 Recycled crime shows

10:00 48 Hours Mystery

Sunday

7:00 60 Minutes

8:00 Cold Case

9:00 New Drama (3Lbs?)

10:00 Without a Trace

CBS has been campaigning stability during the past few upfronts by only picking up about 5 new shows, so I wouldn't be surprised if "Close To Home," although a tad bit older skewing, stays and they push a couple of the drama pilots for mid-season.

• Members

^ Ugh, I know.

And I'm hearing Reba really is officially cancelled. [!@#$%^&*]!

Oh and Fox officially renewed (so I've heard), of all things, The Loop.

Ugh.

Why do networks insist on being absolute IDIOTS.

Edited to Add:

Fred Goss reported on his blog that ABC has officially cancelled "Sons and Daughters."

• Members

Oh, don't call them idiots! "Reba" was a dumb decision but you have JUST MADE MY DAY if you say "The Loop" was renewed. I [!@#$%^&*] LOVED that show. :lol: I was shocked, stunned and appaled when I learned it WASN't winning over at least 12 million viewers. I was shocked, stunned and appalled to learn it was actually getting lower ratings. That show is fUNNNAAAY!! loves me some loop. Mimi Rogers and her constant gay references are hilarious. The airline owner and his gay son references, hilarious. And of course, how the young airline guy always messes up but, by acccident, scores a coup at the end of every episode is just trendmark!! I love this show~!~!!!

• Members

So no more 3 days a week DOND :( LOL!!

These fall schedules are always scary to look at b/c most of the time they are changed by the third week of the season.

Also it does suck for Invasion. The show was really good and it always came out as a well planned show with the writers planning the twists. ABC just hoped the show would be a second coming of LOST and it wasn't.

• Members

I think DOND will be on three times, or at least two times in the fall on NBC. It's a good anchor for several nights....

Here are my schedule predictions. ABC is a complete and utter mess for me. I have absolutely no idea what they will do, so... LOL.

ABC

SUNDAYS

7PM America's Funniest Home Videos

8PM Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

9PM Desperate Housewives

10PM Brothers and Sisters

MONDAYS

8PM What About Brian?

9PM Grey's Anatomy

10PM Six Degrees

TUESDAYS

8PM The Bachelor (???)

9PM Boston Legal

10PM Day Break

WEDNESDAYS

8PM Traveler

9PM Dancing with the Stars 3 ( Sept-Nov ) / Lost ( Nov-May )

10PM The Nine

THURSDAYS

8PM Mick Jagger pilot

8:30 Dancing with the Stars 3: Results Show

9PM Help Me, Help You

9:30 In Case of Emergency

10PM Primetime Live

FRIDAYS

8PM Supernanny

9PM Wife Swap

10PM 20/20

SATURDAYS

8PM George Lopez

8:30 A Day in the Life ( is this a sitcom? )

9PM According to Jim

9:30 Notes from the Underbelly

10PM Men in Trees

Mid-season: Ugly Betty; Masters of Science Fiction

CBS

SUNDAYS

7PM 60 Minutes

8PM Cold Case

9PM Capital Law

10PM Without a Trace

MONDAYS

8PM How I Met Your Mother

8:30 The Class

9PM Two and a Half Men

9:30 The New Adventures of Old Christine

10PM CSI: Miami

TUESDAYS

8PM NCIS

9PM Jericho

10PM The Unit

WEDNESDAYS

8PM The Amazing Race 10

9PM Criminal Minds

10PM CSI: New York

THURSDAYS

8PM Survivor 13

9PM CSI

10PM Shark

FRIDAYS

8PM Ghost Whisperer

9PM Close to Home

10PM Numb3rs

SATURDAYS

10PM 48 Hour Mysteries

Mid-Season: Creature Comforts; Welcome to the Jungle Gym

FOX

SUNDAYS

7PM NFL Overrun

7:30 King of the Hill

8PM The Simpsons

8:30 Futurama (???)

9PM Family Guy

9:30 American Dad

MONDAYS

8PM Prison Break ( Sept-Dec )

9PM Vanished ( Sept-Dec )

TUESDAYS

8PM American Crime

9PM House, M.D.

WEDNESDAYS

8PM Bones

9PM Primary

THURSDAYS

8PM The O.C.

9PM The Wedding Planner

FRIDAYS

8PM The Loop

8:30 'Til Death

9PM The War at Home

9:30 Happy Hour

SATURDAYS

8PM Cops

8:30 Cops

9PM America's Most Wanted

Mid-season: American Idol; 24; On The Lot

NBC

SUNDAYS

7PM - Football (Fall) / Dateline NBC

8PM - Football (Fall) / Friday Night Lights

9PM - Football (Fall) / Crossing Jordan

10PM - Football / Law & Order: SVU

MONDAYS

8PM - Deal or No Deal

9PM - The Apprentice 6

10PM - Medium

* Maybe wishful thinking, but it's doing fairly well, so why change it? I could see Raines on this night...

TUESDAYS

8PM - The Biggest Loser

9PM - Scrubs

9:30 - The Singles Table

10PM - Law & Order: Criminal Intent

* My best guess, lol. I suppose 20 Good Years can go in place of TST...

WEDNESDAYS

8PM - Deal or No Deal / or a new drama

9PM - The Black Donnellys

10PM - Law & Order

* Probably what will happen

THURSDAYS

8PM - My Name is Earl

8:30 - Community Service

9PM - The Office

9:30 - Tina Fey

10PM - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

* Seems like a logical bet that they'd try this

FRIDAYS

8PM - Deal or No Deal

9PM - Las Vegas

10PM - Heroes

* Medium could go at 10pm, I suppose...

Mid-season: 20 Good Years; ER; Raines; Kidnapped

I'm not even going to venture a guess for The CW. But I think we'll see Sunday become a sitcoms night.

• Members

^ I've always been hearing September. But with all the shows ABC has picked up, I suppose they might of changed their minds and decided to run it in the summer, but the thing I'm hearing is that it's almost a given that Dancing with the Stars 3 will debut this fall in Lost's timeslot and run until November, when Lost premieres its third season.

Archived