AMC: Casting News (or not)....

• Members

SID is reporting that one AMC source says Ethan (James Scott) is out......althought it says in the next paragraph that another source says he's not out.

So someone is mistaken. Personally I think it's more likely for a source to be out of the loop than to be certain he is leaving when he's not.

I know people are saying "well stories go in cycles and he's on the backburner but his time will come again" but that's not really true anymore. These days either you're always on the frontburner or you're always in the background. ABC doesn't have its hunks linger storyline-less for months on end. Something has to be going on.

Also, SID has a blind item about a recently returned ABC actress who probably won't be back for long. Anita? Does anyone else at ABC soaps fit this?

I like Ethan but this show needs to start dumping some people (and not the vets)....Ethan and Anita would be good starts.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They can't get rid of Ethan, he was on like everyday back with Kendall, why can't Simone and him have a storyline? Simone/Ethan are a great couple, great chemistry, it wouldn't hurt AMC to replace Julia throwing a lamp on Garret with a S/E date scene.

I gotta pick up the new SID tomorrow, I have a lot of mags to get [uS Weekly, Inside TV]. I really hope it's not true. Terri just signed a contract with them, so where the heck does that leave her? Being yelled at by Kendall/Greenlee?

Yeah, Aidan never has a storyline, that's why I think he'll probably be gone when his contract runs out next year.

• Members

Well they won't be getting rid of Simone since they just re-signed her to a new contract last month. I heard that once Rebecca is gone Terri will sorta step into the role she filled. So hopefully that means Simone/Ethan front burner.

• Members

Nope that is talking about Shari, who plays Mimi. They signed her to a contract and now they are letting her go.

AMC is getting rid of the wrong people, I know some people who are frontburner who need to be totally pushed aside because they are so annoying and some their acting is so overdoing it, it's not even funny.

• Members

I think it's a big mistake to axe (or not re-new as I think may be the case) Shari Headley(Mimi), just when her and Dani's storyline was heating up last month.

I think axing James Scott(Ethan) may be a mistake, I liked his chemistry with Terri Ivens(Simone). Maybe they'll bring back Jake for Simone.

Archived