7th Heaven

JERSoapsFan

• Members

Oh my gosh, I'm already tearing up and we're just 17 minutes in. That shot of Eric and Annie looking at Simon with that look in their eyes of how fast he's grown--that just killed me! They used that shot in all the promos and that's a really great shot!

Okay, now for the comments as I watch the show live.

*Good for them for including Jessica Biel in the opening credits...very poignant.

*Eric just mentioned Mary always had boy problems...don't laugh but I'm really thinking Mary's going to come out as a lesbian on tonight's episode. Has 'Heaven' tackled homosexuality yet?

*OMG!! Rose just practiced the whistle, the "signal" that Umberto gave her if she wanted to back out of the wedding at the altar. Not good! Not good! Not good~!

And now back to watching...

*Simon: "I love Rose, but..."

Oh, no he DI-in't!!

Please let Rosemon get married, Babs Hampton!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SHOCKED, STUNNED and DISGUSTED!!! :angry:

Eric just told Umberto that he doesn't think Simon brings out the best in Rose and vice versa. I'm sorry, but Babs, you made Rose sympathetic and made Rosemon likeable toward the end. Are you just building them up to tear them down?!! There won't be a wedding?!! Umberto will get Rose after all?!! Aaaaahhh, I can't take the suspense!! Lord, help us all!!! :(

• Members

Okay, you guys, there are just 10 FREAING MINUTES until the end of the last "Heaven" ever and STILL no wedding vows! I'm dying here! What can possibly happen?!! Will it be fulfilling?!! Aaaaahhh..the suspense is honestly killing me. :lol:

• Members

Oh...my...I'm crying buckets right now.

They didn't get married.

But that was some really good stuff.

THe montage between 1996 and 2006 nearly killed me...and then ALL THREE couples expecting twins like Eric and Annie was ridiculous but in that way that is both heartwarming and silly...that was so "7th Heaven," lol.

gosh, the little WB announcement thanking the show for 10 years of family television just got me, too.

What a great way to end this show.

And I'm glad Jessica Biel got to show her face in more than just that goofy fantasy, lol.

All the characters got some nice closure.

Here's to you, "7th Heaven." The end of an era.

No show will ever reflect family values like yours did. :)

• Members

Joe, I can see why you would be confused with his ending. I agree, it was a little open-ended. But what it had more to do with, I think, was the fact that Sandy and Simon are soul mates..OMG! I just realized they're names go together so cutesy! Sandy, Simon...HA...SCREW Rosemon, gimme some SANDmon! --Whoops, sorry, I got distracted there. What I meant to say, though, was that if you saw some of the episodes from this season, they painted a picture that Sandy and Simon were something of starcrossed lovers who couldn't be together. It was subtle but it was there. So, either way, even their ending works for me.

Now after thinking about Ruthie's, I gotta say...glad ya got over Martin, girl, but that waiter is BEYOND annoying.

• Members

I figured pretty much that Simon and Rose would not get married; just by the way they kept showing both of them so full of doubts; also Rose's slip of the mouth, mentioning Umberto's name instead of Simon when talking about children, as well as Umberto's constant presence.

As for the whole final scene with Sandy coming to the reception; a large part of me thought that Simon was in fact the baby's father, not Martin.

I absolutely didn't expect to see Matt/Sarah, Kevin/Lucy, and Carlos/Mary all announcing that they all would be having twins...WOW!! :o

• Members

LOL. Tell me about it. It's like SIP's "Only on Passions" moments, only there are some things that should be called "Only on 7th Heaven" moments, because this over-the-top, silly, heartwarming kind of thing (that is all those, all at the same time), could ONLY happen on "Heaven." Again, I was bawling as they announced that. I figured one couple would have twins because it would perfectly complement Eric and Annie's twins and that shocking announcement. (When the show was a little surprising back then). So it was too cute that all the married Camdens had twins. And I swear, I honestly thought Mary would come out, with all her boy troubles, but I'm glad to see she got back together with Carlos. It's the perfect way to tie up this perfect family. :)

• Members

I did kinda get that vibe from their scenes from past episodes this season. Based on the final minutes of the finale, I can't help but wonder if these two will be the ones to receive the constantly rumored spin-off instead of the more likely Kevin and Lucy. Then again, TPTB could have just set themselves up for the slim possibility that 7th Heaven will be brought back in an eleventh hour reprieve for one more final season on The CW Network. But, based on advertising and WB billing tonight's episode as it's absolute final, I would expect the former possibility is the most likely.

• Members

Joe, I read an article today from Newsday that suggests no one at the show really knows what's going on, although the CW did meet with Brenda Hampton several times to discuss writing a spinoff that would utilize the Camdens without so much dough as "Heaven." They never could get a winning formula, she said. It's anyone's guess and I wouldn't mind a Kevin and Lucy (like you said, much more likely) or Simon and Sandy spinoff but if you have a Kevin and Lucy spinoff, then you HAVE to have Eric Annie, the twins and Ruthie, since they all live in the same town...and then it would be too isolated just to have it on Simon and Sandy...then who woul dtheir costars be...Sarah and Umberto? Umm, I DON'T think so!!So it'd be great if we have more Camdens but it would be really hard to package it, due to production costs. Plus, they're a mega hit but just not "hip" Hampton said, and for whatever reason, even though they were NUMBER ONE on the WB , they got canned! Makes no sense. Specially when she said the others costs just as much to produce.

• Members

I'm glad jessica biel came back for 2 short scenes. :angry: She was my favorite camden, I was dissapointed in the way they brought her back. Love that she and carlos are back together. The twin thing was cheesey but such a camden thing to do. :lol: Why couldn't they have 2 hours because that was waaay too many people in that one episode.

• Members

I just got home but I havn't seen it yet. (gotta watch my AMC first ;) ) I am so sad 7th heaven is over. I started watching it in 1997 and have watched it ever since.

I'm in denial I can't believe it is over.

Since Friends ended a few years ago and now 7th Heaven there are not many must see shows that I have to see every week. (besides a few reality shows) its kind of sad. I guess that is why I watch soaps.

I hope for a spin off as you guys mentioned. I think the best would be a Lucy/Kevin spin off. She could move to a different church and have guest apperances by Eric and Annie if they would be willing to do it.

• Members

Good point! :lol:

Well, I've got news for The CW, it's NOT going to become a big network, especially not by getting rid of shows such as "Heaven," which had the BUILT-IN #1 audience, as so many newspapers and magazines have pointed out. They need to realize that no new nets can compete with the top 3.

Archived