AMC: Dragon story ending *(contains spoilers)

• Members

Most of the spoilers have Garrett and the Dragon being killed off next week. Also Mimi will be leaving next week. This seems kind of sudden to me. My opinion is that the s/l was edited and wrapped up quickly because it was not flying well with the fans (ratings). Anyone else think that?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think so too. The way they were spinning this when Julia came back that it would go till at least November sweeps. Oh well. The storyline certainly did not live up to its hype (nothing does these days on AMC) but I did enjoy having Mimi back and loved Lamman as Garret and it was nice to see Dani in a big storyline. Tanisha acted her tail off in some of those scenes.

• Members

Apparently this is exactly how it was supposed to go, which seems really strange. But apparently the timeline wasn't changed. McTavish wanted to quickly extract Julia from the WPP. I guess she thought it was a stupid way to write Julia out and had to deal with it but didn't want to put much effort into it. The problem now is, yes she managed to write around the WPP thing and Julia is a free, but the story to do it was so bad fans aren't warming up to Julia.

• Members

Lol, the storyline is not going well with the fans.lol Its the Laverys that not flying well with the fans, since they have been on the ratings have been going down, you can't blame that on the Garrett storyline. The Laverys are the reason amc has lost half a million viewers. I also noticed that the Laverys aren't on as much as they were, hmmmmmmmmmm. :lol:

• Members

From what I've seen in the promos, looks like Julia kills Garret at the apartment, so I guess that means we won't be seeing Mimi confront him about anything, or Danielle stuff, or anything. That's really sucky, because they've built this crap up for months, for Julia shooting him? To be it seems like they edited a lot of it, but whatever, I'm glad it's over.

• Members

I agree totally, but I think the wrong characters are leaving. I guess they have to get rid of Garrett since they made him the dragon, but the one I'd really like to see go is Julia. Why they brought back such an unappealing, unsympathetic character is beyond me. But it fits with all the other dumb things AMC has done this year.

• Members

Julia is very sympathetic and appealing, and Sydney Penny is a very good actress. Bringing Sydney Penny and Julia back was one of the smartest things AMC has done all year.

I think it was a big mistake to make Garret the Dragon. Also it is dumb to be axing Shari Headley(Mimi) now. Makes no sense. Her character is needed. AMC needs a black female besides Dani in the mix.

• Members

The whole Dani part of the storyline with Garrett was basically to help fill you in on Di's backstory a bit, without actually seeing flashbacks or anything.

But I do think it's dumb when they signed Shari Headley to contract just to let her go. I also think it was pointless to recast Derek too because we really haven't seen much of him anyway. I know they have too many people on the cast and they need to start cutting people but they seem to be cutting the wrong people. Cause I could name about 4 or 5 people that should be sent their walking papers and their names don't seem to be on the list of people to soon be leaving.

I do think the storyline was wrapped up sooner than it was suppose to. McTavish can say this was the plan from the begining but that's a load of crap. She said the same thing about Jonathan too, she was like oh we knew from before we made you think we were killing him off that we were bringing him back, that's a load of hooey, and they should have left him dead. He's pointless, but I'm not going to get into that.

I didn't think this storyline was bad till it started getting repetitive and people kept saying the same things to each other over and over. Then they sped things up and some stuff made no sense.

• Members

If I remember correct at first she was a short term return, but then I know I read somwhere they signed her on contract. That's what I think is just off. Why sign someone just to put them to let them go when there are 3-4 people they could really do without who are very annoying and aren't that great, but for some reason some people just think they are the end all and be all.

Archived