Commander In Chief Officially Cancelled

Roman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well this just sucks. I really liked this show! Damn you yet again ABC!

First Crumbs...then Sons & Daughters....now Commander in Chief.

I guess next they will be cancelling Invasion and What About Brian.

Note to ABC: EVERY show will NOT be able to deliever ratings like Desperate Housewives, Gray's Anatomy, and Lost....BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU NEED TO CANCEL THEM!!!!!

:angry:

• Members

Yeah. ABC is too cancel happy. They are gonna have an ANEMIC schedule this fall. They're idiots.

I've heard nearly all their sitcoms are on death's door too. I am LOVING Less Than Perfect but of course that's probably going to get cancelled. Damn ABC.

What hurt CiC was the long break and the move to Thursday's at 10PM. Are they IDIOTS? I bet had it gone back to it's regular night, it'd be doing much better. My step-dad rarely watches TV but he loved CiC. He had NO clue it was on Thursday's until I told him.

ABC needs to realize they aren't going to be getting huge Lost/GA/DH numbers for every show. Although I have to admit some of their pilots in the works sound pretty good... but watch them pick the worst, lol.

• Members

Although I knew it was coming, this really pisses me off. This was a great show and had ABC not fucked with it, it would still be on. I hope they at least air the remaining 3 episodes, but I am not getting my hopes up.

• Members

This just pisses me off :angry::angry::angry::angry:

What blows is that the numbers that they got BEFORE they were yanked for that hiatus...

Were WAY above what they were getting AFTER the hiatus.

Not EVERY show will get GA, DH numbers.

CIC was doing FINE where it was.

It had gotten a lot of the HOUSE crowd during the World Series, and those viewers went back to their show.

BUt, CIC was FINE.

This absolutely REEKS.

• Members

Well, it hasn't been ***officially*** cancelled, but it has been put on hiatus during sweeps, which pretty much means it's dead. There's always a chance they could pick it up for an abbreviated season as a prestige show, but it's doubtful.

I don't completely blame ABC for this. The audience was unstable after the show's first few weeks when House returned. The hiatus definitely hurt, as did the new time slot. I wouldn't call ABC cancel happy - they've only gotten rid of shows that have had steep audience declines over the span of only a few weeks which *is* not a good thing. If you want cancellation happy, look at NBC in the early part of the decade, LOL - they were cancelling top 10 shows for not living up to their expectations.

ATJ is also a lot cheaper to produce.

• Members

The last 3 epsiodes have been removed from the ABC's schedule, to be shown, hopefully, this summer. This is the third time the have taken this show off the air, and rumors have been going since January that the show was headed for this. Now, that may not sound like cancelation to you, but to me, it does.

Archived